62 yrs old and feeling fabulous, except

Options
I've never had to diet, now I seem to gain weight, (about 10 lbs. a year) and it doesn't come off. I have 25 lbs. I want to loose. I have been trying for 2yrs. So far this is the best website I have found and may really work for me. I have lost some of my weight in the past, just to gain it right back. I want to keep it off. I have 4 Grandchildren and want to enjoy them for many more years. Would like to hear from people my age and hear how you are doing.
tgirltravels

Replies

• atnlady
    atnlady Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 63, rather aggravated at myself for having got to this point.

I also want to be around to see my wonderful grandchildren grow up and fulfill their dreams. I want to be around for as long as the good Lord wants me here.

I have always had to battle my weight and since I retired I have gained an additional 10 lbs which is really discouraging. I am not a couch potato but I don't run marathons either. I use my treadmill every day and I'm thinking of bumping it up to twice a day and see if that gets results.

Its not really hard to stay away from bad foods, if I don't buy them then they don't get in the house. My metabolism is such that it seems I can gain weight without really trying.

are there many over 60's lurking here about?

tgirltravels I wish you the best in this endeavor.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile: