Are you 50?

Options
13»

Replies

• mjsmom50
    Options
    I turned 50 in June and met my goal for then but still have 20 more pounds to go. Hope you reach your goal.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    I feel the same way but for 18
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in November and my goal was to be at GW by my birthday...still have 32 pounds to go. Not sure if I will make it by my birthday, but I am so happy with the progress I have made and how much healthier I feel. I still have the 32 to lose, so I'm not stopping, but hit a MAJOR plateau early this year for 4 months. Found MRP and have gotten back on track!!
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm heading for 51. My goal when I turned 50 was to be the healthiest I've ever been and in the best shape. I've lost 22 lbs. by healthy eating and exercising. I still have a little ways to go. Illness set me back a little bit and now I'm having to learn how to eat healthy in a different way because there are many, many healthy foods I won't be able to eat. Please feel free to add me. I'm on here every day and read everyones encouraging stories.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I will also be 50 next month. GO 50!!! I am on my path to losing the 25 lbs I have put on and taken back off for the last 10 years. This time I intend for it to stay gone. :) Feel free to add me. I am on here every day.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Turned 52 this past April

at 259 pounds I was taking meds for cholesterol and high blood pressure.

In June I started again with MFP and started walking a mile per day. Now at the end of August I'm off the cholesterol pill, I've dropped 30 pounds, and this morning I ran 3.4 miles in 45 minutes.

a couple months ago I bought a garage-sale bike and started riding 10-15 minutes a few days a week. Now I go for about an hour and cover 9 - 10 miles. Yesterday I treated myself to a NEW bike more suited to what I'm doing and properly sized for me.

By Thanksgiving I should finally be under 200 pounds again, something I haven't seen since I was in my early 30's. By then I also hope to be off the blood pressure pill. I want the only things I take everyday to be for nutrition, not medication.

I'm a pretty active poster but not so much into the "Way to Go!" posts every day. I accept most friend requests, male/female, young/old.
  • slindsey130
    slindsey130 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in February and I did not reach my goal for that milestone. Menopause has kinda kicked my butt. I'm on the right track now (thanks to MFP) and hope to be close to goal for 51. MFP has been such an inspiration and holds me accountable in a way no other weight loss plan has been able to,
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    51 next month :(. Add me.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'll turn 52 on October 18th. Woohoo. :noway:

:laugh:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and had the same goal at 30, 35,40 and 45 to be thinner and even at 50 I didn't make it happen...so now by 52 I hope to have a majority of this weight off...I really didn't realize how much weight I had put on..you just get in a comfort zone and most of my peers were fairly heavy too.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in October. I posed the question of what to do post menopause when the metabolism stops to a weight loss doctor. I didn't like his answer...he said that you have to up your exercise to 300 minutes a week to combat the metabolism...

So, I'm really working hard towards that goal.

I am 53 and have lost 41 pounds since December 2011.. the first thing that got me going was reading "The Menopause Makeover" … it was really life changing and then I got some pain during a christmas eve church service and decided I had better get my fitness plan going because I was too young to feel that old. I have officially adopted a lifestyle change for the rest of my life.
  • 6kate2
    6kate2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Will be 50 in December. Hope to be 'fit and fifty'!!

Ideally would like it to happen before December though and be 15 -20lbs lighter in November!!
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in October, I have been lax lately but intend to kick up to be in great shape for my 50th. I will be doing whole 30 starting the day after labor day as well. So anyone feel free to add me as well.