Lost 100+ lbs! Pictures to share...

Options
I am so excited, I had to share. I have now lost over 100 pounds, and I am very happy. Just wanted to thank everyone who kept telling me I could do it, and encourage everyone else who is trying for a similar goal.

Check most recent profile picture, and older ones to see changes!
Thanks,
Shalimar:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    wow, that is so impressive, you have such dedication and determination, way to go!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Have you lost all this weight AFTER the surgery? My very best friend is going through all the preliminaries for her surgery and I am very excited for her! Do you have any tips or advise for her? I wish for you to have a HAPPY and Healthy life, take special care of yourself!
  • steinbergshal
    Options
    I lost 30lbs while I was waiting for the surgery, and the rest since I had it in June. Tell your friend good luck for me, and my biggest advice is to really follow your doctors advice closely. I have really followed the diet they reccomended the whole time, and I have steadily lost 3+ lbs per week. If she ever wants someone to talk to about the experience, message me on here, and I will give you my email. I know I would have felt better knowing more going in than I did. Tell her that I would 100% do it again!

Thanks for the congrats!:blushing:
  • vhardwick
    Options
    Very impressive...way to go!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud of what you have done excellent job you look wonderful (((APPLAUSE))))):flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful!!! My mom is thinking about having the surgery, but she is very scared. she is a diabetic, and it is hard for her to exercise, because she has a bad knee, and back pain. Any advice I could tell her would be appriated:happy:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    You look awesome (I hope you aren't tired of hearing that LOL!) Thank you for sharing the pictures. You are an nspiration. Keep up the hard work.

:drinker: A Toast (green tea) for you.
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!!!!
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You look so much younger, what a transformation.
    Well done!:bigsmile:
  • AsianTexan
    AsianTexan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing!!! You're a great inspiration for me!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations you on your success!:flowerforyou: :smile: :wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!! you look simply marvvvvvvvvvvvvvelous..... :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • steinbergshal
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!

tlapdx72- I would tell your mom that she should talk seriously to her doctor, and to a bariatric surgeon. They should be able to give her a realistic picture of what the surgery would be like for her. Also, I know that the surgery can be a literal lifesaver for diabetics. I have a friend who was insulin dependent for years, and within weeks of the surgery, she no longer takes insulin at all.

Of course the older you are and the more health issues you have, the more risks as with any procedure. Tell her to ask if there is a local support group and try to find other people in similar situations to get an idea of their experience. Good Luck!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message, hope you get it, I have sent out messages to two others and they had NOT received them! ???
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for you help:flowerforyou:
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Looking good! I can't wait to share my 100 pound photos.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!