It's hard, pure dedication, I need to get back into it!

Options
2»

Replies

• skrame
    skrame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Drinking, going out, being broke!

Stop doing the first, change what you do for the second, and the third won't be a problem.

I used to go to the bar every week with my brother and some friends. I'd spend $15-$25 just for a few hundred calories and a bunch of sugar (I usually drink coke+rum or whiskey). Often I'd grab an appetizer or something too. Just what I needed - fried cheese, wings, or french fries.

Now I go once every month or two, and have one drink and then water. I eat something fairly healthy before going, so I'm not tempted by the appetizer list. I save $70 a month and feel better. It might not feel as fun as slamming beers or margaritas, but as long as the people you're with are interesting it's still a good time. Just nurse that drink.

/Also, smuggle in home-made air-popped popcorn if you go to the movies often. Popcorn at my theater costs more than the show ticket, and has like 1500 calories. 5 cups (popped) of air-popped popcorn only has 153 calories (before butter).
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Motivation; Buy a pair of jeans in the size you want to be and put them where they would be in your line of vision before bed each night, and when you wake up in the morning.

And maybe cut back on the drinking.:wink:
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    In college I used the gym at the school on my off hour or I would walk at the dome. Keep gym clothes in your vehicle or backpack. Limit yourself to one or two drinks on the weekend. Don't have to drink to socialize. Empty calories.

AGREED!! you'd be surprised how long youc an just stand there and hold a drink...LOL!!

I wish I had started working out while I was in college and got moving more then...maybe I would be more inclined to do it now. Pick a time and force yourself to get moving then...like someone else said, make it like an appointment or a class. See if maybe you have someone who can meet with you at that time as well...this way, you have someone else there that is depending on you and vice versa.

Agreed also that just walking around campus would be a workout in itself, if it is a big campus.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!