300 days...67 pounds...progress pic!

Options
So I started MFP on October 26, 2011, and never skipped a day. Even logged the *bad* days, so I could try to make up for them later. Anyway...today is my 300th day, and I am not where I thought I would be.

I thought I couldn't do it. I was pretty sure if I did, I would be at my goal. I did neither, and learned that I will pretty much be doing this for the rest of my life...maybe not logging, but for sure not eating like I used to! A few other things I learned:

I learned that I LOVE biking.

I learned that I am not big-boned. LOL

I learned that food is not THE fun...it can accompany the fun.

To make a long story longer, I had gastric bypass in 2003, at 323 pounds. Lost 109 because my stomach was the size of an egg. Gained 55 back because my stomach stretched out and I never exercised or changed what I ate. I remember being all *happy* that I could eat a Big Mac again a year later! Ugh! Anyway...at 268.6 pounds...I decided to change my life. I am 5'8.5" tall.

I eat way better...though not yet HEALTHY by a lot of standards...and I now walk or bike at least 5-6 hours a week. I didn't start biking till June...I started by walking only. Got stuck in a rut for a few months...and kicked myself out of it when I bought a bike.

Along the way my parents, husband and 15 year old daughter joined in, and together we have lost over 200 pounds!!

Anyway, I started at 268.6...and have been struggling to get into the 100's...but am 200.6 today! I am no longer obese...just overweight...I went from a size 20 (22 for comfort) to a loose 16. And yes I have loose skin...however I was over 300 pounds for quite a few years.

I still love food...just way less of it...and I still hate exercise...but we don't call it that. It's biking along a lake...or walking through the crickets... :)

Thanks for letting me share! All of your stories kept me going on my bad days...so hopefully this will keep someone else going.

2012-08-17.jpg

I desperately needed a haircut in this second one...but it doesnt hide anything behind a kid...:)

Collages.jpg

Replies

• remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! And younger! Congratulations on your progress so far... and for logging even when you have "bad" days!
  • dognamedpig
    dognamedpig Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    68 lbs in less than a year is fantastic! Great job picking yourself back up after surgery and good job to your family for the support and their own accomplishments too!
  • Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats! and i believe its awesome you logged even on your bad days!
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You certainly don't look like 201 pds in the 2nd picture because you look smaller. Great Job!!
  • naughtygirl6957
    naughtygirl6957 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow Congrats Hun you look great is a great story and I hope to have one of my own very so
    on. Keep up the great work.
  • TimeWillTell2
    TimeWillTell2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You look really good. Thanks for sharing.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    No need to hide now, you look awesome!
  • aquaspirit
    Options
    you look great and you've really inspired me to keep going!
  • LikesVeges
    LikesVeges Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You may not be where you "thought" you would be, but aren't you glad that it's not a year ago!?! Day by day. You look great! Your family must be so proud of you. I can't wait to give that joy to my family. Keep reaching for health! Thanks for sharing the reality of your journey.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You are not the same woman!!! Isn't great to find out that you love something like hiking - I found out I love boxing.
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    you look really good:wink:
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look about 150:) Amazing job.. you look beautiful:)
  • TennesseeSodaholic
    TennesseeSodaholic Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!
  • Ange03063
    Ange03063 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job and congratulations with the weight loss so far. It's great that your family has jumped on the weight loss bandwagon with you. I also think you bring up a good point that we should be logging on and entering info every day, even on our bad days so we can grow and learn from our mistakes. I'm only on Day 5, and I can't wait to get to Day 300!
  • newjobstyle
    newjobstyle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome story. You look awesome and its great your family is helping.
  • ItsSamantha
    Options
    You look fantastic!Congrats on the weight loss and keep it up :D
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    awesome success story,keep up the good work!!!
  • harleygaljojo
    harleygaljojo Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your story is so awesome, glad you didn't give up. Just found a new way to do what you wanted to do.
    Your pics are great,
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You must be tall because no way you look 200 lbs. Im just about to hit 380 days in a row and I am the same as you. I logged everything no matter what. Good or bad we still ate it. You can "forget" to log all you want but the scale wont lie for us. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished so far. As others have said, your not where you thought you would be, but you still working towards hitting that goal. There is always going to bumps in the road we werent expecting. Good luck on getting to where you "thought" you should be. :)

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look awesome! Congratulations. You definitely look like you weigh a lot less than 201. :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!