Best thing you have ever ate/made?

Options
ToughTulip
ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
Saw this show on tv :D

What do you think is the best thing you have ever ATE and best thing you have ever MADE? :)

Ate - My grandmom's homemade gnocchi, vodka sauce, and sausages (yes she makes her own sausages too!)

Made - So far i think it is my fruit pilaf with brown rice, wild rice, sage/thyme, walnuts, apricots, apple, and whatever else I decide I want in there )

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Ate: Too many to list. Falooda in Karachi, mutabbaq from Yemen, ful from Sudan, Meatballs from Italy, haleem from Delhi, Nihari from Lahore, chargha from Afghanistan, shawarma from Saudi Arabic, Cheesecake from US. My sister used to make some really nice Bihari Kebabs which is kinda like beef brisket but in a curried version. I still imagine the taste even though its been 10 years

Made: Biryani. I was soooo proud of the day I made it. It's no where near as good as my mom or even my sisters but that is definitely the best thing I ever made. Its a 4 hours process and the recipe itself involves lots of basmati rice, onions, tomatoes, LOTS of spices, meat, potatoes, yogurt and oils and stuff

PS. I love that show
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Non-dairy pumpkin cheesecake, hands down... for both ate and made :love:
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I made and ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many "dolmades", turkish stuffed grape leaves with beef and pork. ....Holy crap, just thinking about them made my mouth water...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I made and ate waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many "dolmades", turkish stuffed grape leaves with beef and pork. ....Holy crap, just thinking about them made my mouth water...

doomades are really good eats though! And surprisingly low calories
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I made a heart shaped strawberry cheesecake last valentines for my ex, he said it was the best thing he ever tasted and to be fair, it smelt soo yummy lol.
  • mahlerosa
    Options
    Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup!
  • the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The best thing I ever made was the Pie Pie recipe from the Anticraft: http://theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc07/piepie.htm It's not something I'd ever be able to eat again while calorie-reducing (it's over 400 calories for a 1/8th of a pie), but it was definitely absolutely amazing. Easily the best pie I've ever tasted, and I've made a lot of good ones.

The best thing I've ever eaten is probably my Mom's bbq-ed salmon. It's perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. The best part is the tail... mmm...