Calories burned during C25K session?

Options
Attention all C25K'ers. I'm trying to get an idea of how many calories I should be burning with each of my C25 sessions. I know we are all different but I should be able to get a ballpark figure to see how I am doing.

I am 5' 5". weight is 188.5, I'm 64 years old. Last night I did Week 4, Day 2 and according to my HRM I burned 224 calories in the 35 minutes.

Do you think this is about right? Is my HRM correct? If it's not then I want to buy a new one when I go down to the States tomorrow. Would you tell me how that compares with what your calorie burn is?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am not using a HRM so I don't know how accurate my calorie burn is. I assume MFP over estimates. I am on week 8 and MFP says I burn 269 cals running at 4.5 MPH with a 3.5 MPH warm up and a 3.0 MPH cool down.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I am not using a HRM so I don't know how accurate my calorie burn is. I assume MFP over estimates. I am on week 8 and MFP says I burn 269 cals running at 4.5 MPH with a 3.5 MPH warm up and a 3.0 MPH cool down.

Thank you for your response! I hadn't thought to check what MFP calculates...my speed is not quite up to yours yet, and the amount of time running in week 4 is less, so it seems to me (based on just you and I) that my HRM is probably correct. It would be nice to see some other responses as well. Have a great day!
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Carole I burn at least 400+ calories with my hrm. My heart rate stays an average
    of 139-144. I have seen vjrose with a higher burn too. She and i have the same monitor.
    Running IS supposed to Burn a lot of calories. I believe you are working hard!! I really question
    the accuracy of your monitor. I don't think it is specific enough. Treat yourself to a well rated monitor
    that actually gives you a number of calorie burnt.You are working so hard treat yourself.

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Im in week 2 and Im burning the same amount.
  • eloisemonteiro
    eloisemonteiro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    www.sendspace.com/file/3sty7d