Need weekend advice

Options
Good morning! My weight loss has currently stalled. Recently, I joined a gym, hired a trainer, and have been working out a lot more than i normally have. I'm 5/2" tall, 160 lbs and my current plan has me eating 1250 calories a day (if I don't exercise). During the week I call myself "sedentary". I sit in a chair at a desk all day...and only move to go to the bathroom or to take a lunch or snack break. At night I have meetings on Monday nights and then Tues & Thursday I spend at least an hour at the gym. I watch a couple of hours of tv a week usually and study a little but I'm usually pretty active in the evenings. My question is weekends. I'm usually running my butt off trying to get errands ran, shopping done etc. Could it be that I am not eating enough on the weekends? Does anyone have any advice on how I should modify my eating? I do use a polar hrm and track calories burned so I make sure and replace those when I work out. right now I'm working out about 2 1/2 hours a week total and plan to increase that to 3 next week. So frustrated...so much hard work and no progress. It could be that my thryoid needs adjusting too, just a thought. I'm off...see you at the finish line!

Replies

• BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can always go to your doctor and tell him you want your thyroid checked. They can just check it with bloodwork that is sent to the lab. The advice that I can give you is listen to your body. For sure eat breakfest. Do you feel hungry 2 hours later? Grab a fruit or yogurt. If you start having the rumble in your tummy and feel fatigued then its time to eat. I have the same issue with trying to guess how many calories to eat. I have a very physical job at the hospital, and i work 12 hour workdays. I know I burn mad calories so I made up my own exercise in the exercise log, and call it "12 hour workday" I usually add it when I work as 600 calories, But im sure I burn more.
    On the weekend are you constantly walking? If you noticed that you are constantly walking on and off for lets say 3 hours....then maybe add in 60 minutes of walking in your exercise log. Hope this helps somewhat.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough, no doubt about it. Here's what's been working for me food-wise, however the wine...well that's another story.

Start your day with a healthy breakfast you wouldn't normally have during the week. Egg white omletts, or homeade French toast with light wheat bread, or Special K Waffles, something heathy and fun.

Then if you're running around all day, grab plastic bags with snacks you make yourself. Nuts & dried fruit mix, or a cheese stick, or a hard boiled egg (no yolk), or a South Beach cereal bar.

Planning ahead, it's a pain, but it works.