New diet someone sent me- should I try it?

Options

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Ah....its a reincarnation of the old Cabbage Soup diet. Don't do it. Actually...don't do anything that is advertised as a "diet". Invariably its bizzarre and unsustainable and frequently downright unhealthful.
  • ScottFree_66
    Options
    Gosh.. I was just asking.. Some people are rude on here huh?

Wont do it! Got it!

You haven't read through these forums before? The responses weren't half as bad as I expected..
    don't take it too personally... your doing the right thing by asking questions and gaining knowledge.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It sounds miserable, and I love fruits and veggies. All I could think about reading it was getting brain fog, shakes, weakness and confusion, and headaches. If you want to try something similar but with more protein and fat, try the O2 4 day cleanse. I have trouble eating all the food even though it is low calorie because of all the water and fiber. (I am also a vegan so I've never eaten the cleanse exactly the way it is designed--I have to substitute tofu or protein powder for the meat.)
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I heard Farmville and thought of the app on Facebook and stopped reading at that point lol I really thought it had to do with Facebook haha. So then it is a diet? Lol :D
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    8 bananas and 3 glasses of milk? Gross, even more gross and no thank you. Beef and tomato's, feast day? That's a feast? Hahaha this diet sounded whack just from the dude's intro all secretive and hush hush. Sounds like you got email Spam, too bad it's not the kind you can actually eat hahaha. Actually I have no clue what that stuff is or taste like but this diet sounds right along the same lines, no thank you :D
  • popstarwow
    popstarwow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Actually I have tried this diet and I lost 10 pounds in 7 days... but I gained the weight again...I dont know if I gained the weight because I started to eat a loooot or because this diet doesnt really work. Maybe you should try that... but I think the best thing you can do is try another kind of diet (more healthy). Kisses
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have heard of this diet. I have one friend who's a total "hippie" and I couldn't believe it when she kept talking about this diet as if it were an innovative way to be healthy.

Sure, there's some merit to it, but it's basically just telling you to eat more veggies and fruits and to cut out "crap." Can't you do that on your own, and on your own terms? (For instance, I personally would not do the "bananas and milk" day, because I am severely lactose-intolerant and don't see the point in eating that much sugar, natural or otherwise, in one day.)

I think diets like this are for people who are trying to lose weight fast and aren't good at coming up with and sticking to their own rules. Sometimes it's also fun to try a diet like this, especially if your friends are doing it, too. But I don't think it's necessarily healthy.

Instead, why don't you make up your own list of rules and follow those? You can tailor them exactly to your own body's needs and preferences. Oh yeah, that's basically what MFP already does. :P
  • wildcelticrose
    wildcelticrose Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    RIDICULOUS!

EIGHT bananas in one day?

TWO 10 oz serving of beef in one day with hamburger being OK?

I couldn't even get through the rest of the idiocy in that "diet plan".

What works (in a normal healthy person) is to eat fewer calories than you burn each day, to choose healthy, nutrient dense foods as unprocessed as possible and move your body.

There is no "magic pill" or super diet to make it fast and easy. (super fast weight loss, aside from being unhealthy is almost always water and will come right back on)

It requires hard work and discipline.

But the payoff is worth it.
  • Wilson336
    Options
    Losing 10-17 pounds per week does not even pass the straight face test. It takes approximately 3600 calories to burn one pound, and this is not considering that you may be burning off muscle instead of fat. Even so, 3600 x 10 = 36,000....so you would need to have a calorie deficit of 36,000 calories in one week (that's over 5100 calories left over each day!) in order to lose 10 pounds. It is impossible to do in a healthy manner.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    lol, have fun trying to get enough protein or fat.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I stopped at "target weight loss of 10-17 lbs per week", this is in no way healthy. As to your question, I would not do it.

Okay out of temptation read the rest, you will lose weight on this fad diet, just like the good old cabbage soup diet you will be running to the bathroom every five minutes.

I read that as well and went "bullsh*t....."

It's starvation.. plain and simple.. You will lose a ****-ton of weight as you deprive your body and then when the 10 day cycle is over?? Gain it all back, then start over until you kill yourself from malnutrition....

Definately DONT do it... and is this someone you know or random? The way it's worded screams SPAM/SCAM to me anyway.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Hahaha! That is awesome! I'll get right on that.

All I read was "You can...." ....."You can't....." Any "diet" that tells me what I can and cannot consume can kiss it.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    This diet is a revamped version of one that my mom did over 20 years ago, and guess what? She is still 50 pounds overweight. Diets don't work. Only lifestyle changes do.
  • cuckoo2012
    cuckoo2012 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    its a GM diet......worst diet plan i did once time ans lose 3 kg in a week but gain all the weight again once i left it .
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If you can lose Lose 10-17 lbs. per week why is obesity an issue? No one should have any weight issues, but sadly that is not the case.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Weren't you supposed to not show it to anyone? We'll see if I send you any of my secret diets from now on . . . :tongue:

I second what everyone else said. You could eat pretty much anything for one week and you wouldn't die. You could eat nothing. But what would be the point? Be kind to your body and it will be kind to you.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    It's obviously a fad diet. If you're very overweight and cut calories you'll drop weight not matter what you do. Then you'll gain them back.
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It says eat to your hearts content. that can be a ton of calories. take this to a professional and they will laugh at these guidelines.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    also known as the BS diet!
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    No you should not do this. It's idiotic, it's not necessary.

Any DIET that tells you exactly what you eat should be discarded immediately as it very clearly is not considering your individual needs or your tastebuds.

and also ask yourself this "can you do it for life?" IF you can't, dont waste your time. What happens when you get off it?
    Key word- Can you do it for life-- The correct term is LIFESTYLE CHANGE... if it is not a lifestyle change, it will not work.