What Nutrients should i be keeping track of?

Options
hello there,
This is my 6th dayon my fitnesspal and im still trying to get a hang of tools it provides. My question now is what Nutrients should i be keeping track of to help my weight loss progress? thank you.

Replies

• natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    I'm going to go a different route from most people and NOT recommend the choices I made to you as "the best out there." First, start cutting back on the total number of calories you eat. Track what you eat and try to stay within your calorie goals. After that start playing around with different nutrients. Try a high carb low fat if you wish. Try a low carb diet if you wish.

The goal is to get to a balance that works FOR YOU. No two people are exactly alike and what works for one person might not be right for you. I personally go for a high protein diet with as few processed foods as possible. Think one processed meal every two weeks. But I know people who swear by removing red meats and increasing carbohydrates.
  • Fluffykristi
    Options
    What are your goals? Being female, Calcium is a big one for me for overall bone health. I'm still young, but I know I'm not going to be forever. I also watch my Vitamins A and C. I watch saturated fat intake (not really a nurtient) since studies now believe it plays an even bigger role in your blood cholesterol than actual cholesterol does (though I watch that too.) I also make sure I get enough protein, though that's not really an issue for me. Again, it depends on your person concerns and goals.
  • manofsteel87
    Options
    thank you for the help. :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    That really depends on what your goals are and where are your challenges in reaching those goals. Are you hungry all the time? Then you may want to track fiber and sugar and adjust your fiber up to 25 or more grams a day and keep your sugar intake low. Are you having trouble eating all your calories? Maybe increase your carbs and fat and decrease your protein.