The No-Good, Terrible, Very Bad Day

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
Okay, the last 4 weeks have actually all sort of sucked, but today was the culmination of weeks of suckage.

First of all...ran out of milk last night, so no coffee this morning. I used my last two eggs and piece of bread to make a sad lonely breakfast. I no longer have anything to eat but peanut butter, barley, and whole wheat pasta. :ohwell:

Then I check my bank account...and see I have $47...which is money, so cool, right? WRONG. That was my PAYCHECK...which was SUPPOSED to be around $550!! But they paid me for 3.5 hours?!!? AND THE OFFICE IS CLOSED. :explode:

And then I had to give my four rats away to a pet shop because I have no way to feed myself, let alone them. :cry:

And then I had to give in and send my car in for repairs because I need to drive home next week and I need to have my tires aligned, transmission flushed, new air filter, fuel injection system cleaned, horn fixed, hood fixed, and a state inspection totaling $540. I had to get a credit card from the shop because I can't afford the repairs. :sick:

And half of my job was given to the new guy at work because I'm just hourly and he's salary so they have to give him stuff to do or it looks bad. So now I will have even fewer hours and less money. :explode: :sad:

I want to get into bed and start this day over again.

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are have such an awful day (sometimes it seems like its raining shoes) I hope that things look sunny for you tommorro :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Sorry you are have such an awful day (sometimes it seems like its raining shoes) I hope that things look sunny for you tommorro :flowerforyou:

Heh...raining shoes...this headache certainly feels like I took a sneaker to the forehead. :sick: Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You really have had a bad day! I'm sorry.. I hope things get better for you soon, preferrably tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    sorry your having a bad day hun ..........sending you "the make it better fairy" it will get better for you i feel it ..........:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that today has been so bad, hope it gets better soon! :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Thank you...I'm trying to stay positive...at least my tiny paycheck came a day earlier than I expected...I can buy the essentials now. I was soooooo hungry today. Thank goodness for those Subway $5 footlongs.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    :brokenheart:

I'm so sorry...sending better-day-tomorrow thoughts your way.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good for you for venting. We are not on this earth alone.......and I dont mind sharing the burden.

:brokenheart: I can deal with anything but hunger.....I wanna feed ya! Come on over I have a bowl of pasta salad and a few ribs left and would be happy to share.

Sorry about your babies, but I am proud of you for having their best interest at heart.

Your a good person SBS.......good things will come your way, I just know it!:flowerforyou:

(If only you could get paid for all the info you so freely give out here!:heart: )
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    AWTY, hunger seems to make everything worse! It's like when you hurt yourself on a really cold day...the coldness seems to make it hurt more!

I know I did the right thing giving them away. The petshop owner said he'd make sure they went to a good home as pets and not...for snakes.

And...ribs...yuummmmmm :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    AWTY, hunger seems to make everything worse! It's like when you hurt yourself on a really cold day...the coldness seems to make it hurt more!

I know I did the right thing giving them away. The petshop owner said he'd make sure they went to a good home as pets and not...for snakes.

Oh, the Catholic guilt!! I can hardly stand it!

That is how my grown kids get to me when I go over for a visit (when they are not living with me!) they make sure the cubbards are bare........I am always good for a trip the Publix:laugh:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

That is how my grown kids get to me when I go over for a visit (when they are not living with me!) they make sure the cubbards are bare........I am always good for a trip the Publix:laugh:

LOL...yea my dad was upset with me for NOT telling him about my situation...I just hate asking for help! I usually get along fine on my own, and I already owe them money for my computer. But I finally caved and he's sending me money for food. Should be here Monday...so until then I'll just stretch the money I have reallllly far between gas and food...and soon I'll be able to afford MEAT :love: and VEGGIES :love: and FRUIT :love:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

LOL...yea my dad was upset with me for NOT telling him about my situation...I just hate asking for help! I usually get along fine on my own, and I already owe them money for my computer. But I finally caved and he's sending me money for food. Should be here Monday...so until then I'll just stretch the money I have reallllly far between gas and food...and soon I'll be able to afford MEAT :love: and VEGGIES :love: and FRUIT :love:

Hugs......just know that us parents LOVE to help that kid that helps themselves!! It is a joy for me to grocery shop for my kids. Times are hard.......we need to stick together.

I swear if you were close I would pay you for a few workouts. :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Hugs......just know that us parents LOVE to help that kid that helps themselves!! It is a joy for me to grocery shop for my kids. Times are hard.......we need to stick together.

I swear if you were close I would pay you for a few workouts. :bigsmile:

Oh shoot, you wouldn't have to pay! Well, maybe in food. :bigsmile:

Ahh...full-body workout that leaves me exhausted always helps. :yawn:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you are having a rough time. My family has gone through some tough financial times when I was child so I know what it is like. And even now, with a hefty student loan and personal line of credit and a broken down car, I know how overwhelming things can seem. I hope things get better for you as soon as possible.

I too would be willing to pay you (in food or cash) to workout with me. Where do you live? Is that an option? And I love to cook for people so I would happily make you dinner. I guess the odds of you living in Barrie, Ont, Canada aren't great, eh?

Good luck. We are here for you and you will be in my thoughts. :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    I'm sorry you are having a rough time. My family has gone through some tough financial times when I was child so I know what it is like. And even now, with a hefty student loan and personal line of credit and a broken down car, I know how overwhelming things can seem. I hope things get better for you as soon as possible.

I too would be willing to pay you (in food or cash) to workout with me. Where do you live? Is that an option? And I love to cook for people so I would happily make you dinner. I guess the odds of you living in Barrie, Ont, Canada aren't great, eh?

Good luck. We are here for you and you will be in my thoughts. :flowerforyou:

Well we were closer when I still lived in Michigan! :laugh: I'm in Blacksburg, VA now. Actually I think there is an MFPer who lives nearby but I can't recall who it is. I wish I could work out with MFPers! That would be a lot of fun. The workout I had tonight was awesome. I know you guys will be there in spirit. :wink:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Argh...having no car on a Saturday night blows...having no boyfriend/date on a Saturday night also blows..:grumble: .
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Having a date with a seemingly nice guy who you find out cannot hold a conversation; then when the check comes, his credit card is declined and you have to pay for both of you.... now that blows.
    Argh...having no car on a Saturday night blows...having no boyfriend/date on a Saturday night also blows..:grumble: .
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you asked for help, why is it we can help others but not ourselves? Don't feel bad for asking for what you need. I wish I could come over and bring a bag of groceries with me!! I can't stand the idea of hunger. God bless you and take care of yourself.

Maybe a new job is what is truly needed??
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Having a date with a seemingly nice guy who you find out cannot hold a conversation; then when the check comes, his credit card is declined and you have to pay for both of you.... now that blows.

OUCH....yea, that wins, because you have hope for it and then it's let down. At least I know what to expect...lots of Will Ferrel movies and a can of green beans. :laugh:

On the bright side, I did finally talk to this guy I see at Kroger almost every time I'm there. But I wasn't on my A-game so I didn't make a 'move' even though it was wide open. Just not the right timing. :grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Glad to see you asked for help, why is it we can help others but not ourselves? Don't feel bad for asking for what you need. I wish I could come over and bring a bag of groceries with me!! I can't stand the idea of hunger. God bless you and take care of yourself.

Maybe a new job is what is truly needed??

Well I still have my job, just...less of it. :ohwell: I can't get a new one. This is where I'm doing my PhD. :laugh: