Haven't lost in two or more months?

Options
Welp the title says it all folks. Early last May I was 134 pounds, then some events came up (birthdays, holidays, etc) and I ended up indulging and gaining a bit from it. I now fluctuate between 138 - 140 pounds and I haven't lost any in over two months. I'm not only going by the scale either. I'm going by how my clothes fit and my measurements, which are exactly the same. My goal is to get down to 118 - 124 pounds, but if I'm heavier from muscle, that's alright, too. I want to be lean! I have an event next summer I want to look good for and not losing weight won't help.

For the last few months I had been doing 45 - 60 minutes of cardio, no strength training, and eating between 1200 - 1600 calories. Last week I started strength training, too so now I do a circuit routine 2 - 3 days a week, of strength and cardio. I know I haven't gained muscle weight in only two weeks.

MFP says I should eat 1500 calories without exercise, and with between 1800 - 1900 (depending on how much my workout burns, which is between 250 - 400 calories, depending on the exercises). I tried to eat about 1800 this week but only got to 1600 maybe 1700. Should I try eating 1800 for a few more weeks to see how that does? I used this site http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to figure calories and it says to eat between 1800 - 1900.

Any advice is appreciated. If it helps, I'm 18 years old, 138 - 140 pounds and 5'2" - 5'4".

Replies

• WintersMoonlight
    Options
    Taking a look at your diary i'd say you are eating quite a bit of processed foods as well as taking in a lot of high carb foods.
    Try removing the bread,cereal and milk for a few days.
    Try lowering your carbs,eating fresher foods such as;vegetables,eggs,lean meats,healthy fats to start with.
    I'd say lose the peanut butter unless it only has "peanuts" listed as all the ingredients,peanut butter has a lot other bad fillers when it comes to most brands so going natural is the best route.

.Hopefully you'll see some results!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A lot of replies to your other (exact same) post here that may be helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/710539-so-frustrated-i-m-crying