New friends-motivation

Options
How do I find friends on here, most of my old pals have stopped using it and I really need people to keep me motivated and on track. I am having a hard time. I get depressed easily and either eat too little or too much, I need to stay accountable, and the last time I used this site I had great friends that kept me motivated...
Help!

Replies

• Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I can use all the positive friends I can get!
    :smile:
  • bethin26440
    bethin26440 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
  • Genericwit
    Genericwit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. It feels like every time I get on the forums and talk to new people, and we add each other... it's only temporary. People stop coming on, stop logging, stop exercising, or get down on themselves. I'd love some longer lasting, more life-style oriented friends, rather than fad "I GOTTA FIT INTO A DRESS IN A MONTH SO I'M GOING TO STARVE MYSELF AND THEN NEVER COME BACK!" ones. lol
  • MissAlyGator
    Options
    I will be your friend!
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You found a friend here as long as you are active, add me if you like.
  • lovelybea5
    Options
    I feel the same way a need friends too to keep me going :) add me
  • Lexie2007
    Options
    Add me! You just described me...I'm so discouraged and I'm starting to get depressed too. I hate feeling like this. Sometimes I feel like I can take the world and then there are days like these where I don't know what to do with myself. I can be very motivated and driven I just need a little push as well. :smile:
  • stowesb
    stowesb Posts: 5
    Options
    Add me, I need motivation also
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have enough weight to lose, that I'll certainly be here for a year, so that much you can count on LOL! I know that this is a life-style change, mainly - for me - to get to my goal and then maintain, so for as long as the site keeps going, I will too (excluding the usual unexpected life changes that may happen.)

I like this site and even though I'm relatively new, it's taking the place of visiting other sites that aren't based on fitness/health (shhh...facebook...heh ;))

Please feel free to add me if you would like humorous, but steady support =)
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP since January 2011. I'm pretty consistent and love friends who share similar goals. Healthy lifestyles that involve fitness and nutrition!
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi, you can add me too if you'd like. I log on everyday. I don't log in my foods simply because I don't have a lot of time (mother of 2 and full time job) I really watch what I eat. I love having friends on here. When I see them excersing and losing weight it motivates me to do the same! :) Good luck!!
  • cole_carter
    cole_carter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    there you go ... you have all kinds of people that want to be your friend. Best wishes to you.
  • Guerrillascribe
    Options
    You can add me, should you want to. I log in daily and I find that the food diary is heads and shoulders above the Weight Watchers program. I'm using a blend of Fitbit, MFP and WW as I tackle my weight and get it, ultimately, down to the proper level!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    you can add me too :)
  • realia
    realia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Anyone on here can add me :)
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    add me OP, and who ever else wants to =)
  • DaniDominique
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! I am so motivated to lose weight and get in shape. I will so stick with you in your weight loss! Feel completely free to add me!! :D
  • Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • Nieceyboop
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this site also... I am also new to losing weight! I really need supporters and true friends... I have health problems so loosing weight will help me alot.. So feel free to add me as well (everyone) thanks
  • DollieVerb
    DollieVerb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me....my sister in law and I just started last week and I have logged in everyday since I started. I have a lot of weight to loose and we have a year to get it done this way. If this doesn't work in a years time we may try something else but I think a year is a good way to see if this will help us reach our goal weight and maintain it. Good luck!!! :smile: :smile: