lost?

dove622
dove622 Posts: 4
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, i just joined this week and after reading posts about calorie intake im starting to worry. I really don't know anything about weight loss or the best way to do it, but i have been trying to eat under my daily 1200 calories in addition to exercising for close to an hour a day (usually i do about 45 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of stretching/yoga). I don't eat my exercise calories so at the end of the day i guess i have a total calorie intake of at most 1000. Is it true that by doing this my body will go into starvation mode and stop losing weight?? Most of the time i don't eat those extra calories because I am not hungry so i don't think that i am starving myself but will my body think that it is?? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    You need to eat your 1200 calories!! I do not eat all my exercise calories but you need to eat some of them. If you do not eat enough you will not loose. Counter intuitive but true. Most people will tell you to eat all your exercise calories.
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    You need to eat at least 1200!

welcome to mfp :flowerforyou:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    according to your profile, you only have 10 pounds to lose. 1200 is too low as it is, let alone eating less than that. because you don't have that much weight to lose (relatively speaking), you should be eating at least your bmr (there's a calculator for that under tools) as well as your exercise calories.

by eating less than 1200 calories a day, your body will go inter starvation mode and your weight loss will halt and your metabolism will shut down.

you definitely need to eat your exercise calories.
  • thanks everyone, ill try and eat more calories. Ive actually been reading up on this it seams wierd but makes sense, i don't know that i fully get it tho...is it true that if your body is in starvation mode it will eat away at your muscle to feed itself?
This discussion has been closed.