New Today

Options
Hello, just thought I'd get myself started here. I only found this sight through a search looking for some caloric values from a local store. I had to sign up to see the information. After poking around, I found I could change my goals & my calorie breakdowns to be more paleo/primal/low carb. I've not found another site that allows you to do that - CONGRATS to MFP for being more flexible!

Of course, I have some weight to lose but I really do want my health back. I'm getting older so I worry about developing type 2 Diabetes thus the reduced carb. What I really like about the plan is you are able to eat healthy carbs & it steers you to less processed foods. I do allow high quality dairy in my diet including organic butter, heavy cream (cooking only), & quality cheeses. I've been on another site for quite sometime & am in a very active paleo, primal, & low carb group. Lately, I've found that people can be really short sighted & judgmental about this type of nutritional program so I don't want to do the same to them. If you don't like my nutritional plan, don't reply to my posts & I'll do the same for you.

As part of my plan to become healthier, I quit smoking 6 months ago - so far so good. I still have cravings by not like when I first quit. The stress reduction I've learned while quitting smoking should certainly help with this weight loss goal.

Can't wait to find a few friends who have some of the same goals as I.

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • evans3511
    Options
    please feel free to add me as your friend!
  • vanessairene
    vanessairene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I've only been on 2 weeks, but find it very useful and easy. I especially like the barcode app, which is so easy to use and quick. I'm not big on the paleo, but find it very interesting. I have never heard of it before a co-worker shared it with me. She swears by it. For anyone to lose, it's just less calories and get up and move. We each have to find what works for us. Definitely use the site and all its features. Plus, it's FREE!!!!