5'3 and 125lb ladies. Any advice??

Options
BluthLover
BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
Hello! My goal is 125lbs and I'm 5'3. If Anyone wouldn't mind telling me how they got to 125 I would love to hear it! How many calories (net) do you eat per day? How long have you maintained? How did you achieve this weight? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!!
Marie

Replies

• heartsherps
    heartsherps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bumping because I'm at the same height and goal weight. Started at 179, down to 174 after a month.

Edit: Tell me your secrets, ladies.
  • I_Got_This_23
    I_Got_This_23 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bumping too, same height and goal weight. Started at 180, been hovering at 150 for a year.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am close to 5ft 3 and got to about 120 pounds.

I ate about 1800 calories net, but I am very active during the day
    I got 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass (about 95g)
    Took my body weight times .35 for my fat goal
    Rest in carbs :)

I lifted weights, some cardio occasionally, and was consistent.

Thats all it took for me :)
  • riccoismydog
    riccoismydog Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and exactly 126 as of today. I only lost from 137 though, so I didn't have really far to go. But it gets harder the less you weigh I think.

My diary is open if you want to take a look. I eat at maintenance and then exercise. I want the weight to come off slowly, that way there it stays.
    I just dropped 250 calories off my daily intake though, to make up for the fact that I am working nights and only working out two days a week.

Don't be afraid once you are closer to your goal to eat closer to 1200net cals a day. If you are small and close to your goal weight you might have to to lose weight.

When I was 137 I dieted pretty much the same to get here. I find when you are shorter as I am, there really isn't a lot of wiggle room for mistakes. So weigh your food and don't overcount your exercise. Thats why I just eat at maintenance and then try to burn 500 cals a day. That way there even if I mess up on exercise calories ( who really knows what I burn) I am not starving and I am not over eating.

Good luck in your journey. Feel free to add me for support.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am close to 5ft 3 and got to about 120 pounds.

I ate about 1800 calories net, but I am very active during the day
    I got 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass (about 95g)
    Took my body weight times .35 for my fat goal
    Rest in carbs :)

I lifted weights, some cardio occasionally, and was consistent.

Thats all it took for me :)

This..... no special diet or workout. I am a bit shorter than you. I am 4'11" 120 pounds but with a body fat of 19%.

Eat at a small deficit (1700 for me) lift heavy, moderate cardio, eat between 75 and 100g of protein. Some good fat too.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 110, started at 5'2 135, I lost the first 10 pounds by going vegan, another 5 pounds by walking daily and the last 10 by counting calories and going to the gym. at first i wasnt counting calories at all but i was eating small snacks constantly (grapes, nuts, carrots, cherry tomatoes etc) with 3 decent sized meals spaced out. when the weight loss started to stop. i started eating 1350 (my BMR) or 1500 on workout days, getting in atleast 20 minutes of cardio 3 times a week

hope this helps ! add me if youre looking for friendly support <3
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if I'm 5'3.5 or 5'4 either way, I'm eating 1200 calories a day and exercising at least 4x a week. My goal is 130 but if I get to 125 I'll be more happy.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and roughly 123-125 with fluctuations. I lost the majority of my weight eating 1200 calories + exercise calories. After upping my calories slowly until 1600, I lost the last 5ish pounds on 1600 + exercise calories.

I walk a lot, bike a lot, lift heavy, rock climb, do yoga, eat lots of protein (80-100g per day).

No magic really. Just a moderate deficit plus exercise. The lifting hasn't effected my weight, but it reduced inches on my stomach.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and a half years old
    I am under 5'2"
    I started at 198.8 pounds
    Now at 151.2 pounds
    Current goal 145(I am very muscular)
    Eat a balanced, healthy diet: protein(meat), carbs and fiber(fruit, veggies and whole grains)
    Find exercise that you ENJOY
    Don't rush it--it will happen
  • Belovedrooster
    Belovedrooster Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary from woman to woman, depending on age, activity level, genetics, and hormonal status. It is important to not just look to others, but be diligent in tracking your own body's response. Your fat loss formula is unique to you, and far more complex than counting calories.

I find I am most successful when I keep my protein up high, get ample sleep, and stay away from coffee, wheat, and dairy. These foods don't work for me, and it has nothing to do with calories. But when I eat them, my weight loss slows or stops, my cravings go through the roof, and weight loss becomes a struggle.

I am currently seeking answers through looking at my hormones and adrenals, because physical activity and reduced calories is not working as it used to. I have other symptoms that indicate something is off - again, the process is more than just calories - it has to be what works for you for a lifetime!

Good luck!
  • BluthLover
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies for your replies! It's interesting to me how some have lost with netting 1200 calories and others netting 1700-1800 calories. It seems like protein is a big factor as well! I appreciate all of your advice and input! My CW is 137 and I can't seem to get back down to 125. I had originally gotten down to 125 by eating around 2000 calories a day total. Working out 5 times a week burning around 450 calories. Then I slowly started putting weight back on. It seemed like the more I cut, the more I gained. I tried netting 1200 calories and that didnt work. Now I'm trying netting 1500 calories. No luck so far either. :) I'll get there.
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    Lost 22 lbs, currently 5'3 and 117lbs. The lowest I ever net was 1400. I lost the first few lbs that way and then upped my calories. I lost most of my weight netting between 1600-1800. I do mostly strength training, started out with NROL then progressed to more difficult strength workouts. Hit cardio a few times a week as well but I spent most of my time doing strength. Same as some other posters, I eat plenty of protein. Usually I consume between 115-140 grams. Consistency is the key. I make sure I weigh everything too. I have been doing this since November 2011 and this has just become the norm. I'm used to it now.
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, 5'3 and started out at 200lbs. Right now I'm at 150lbs and steadily losing at a rate of 1lb a week. I'm eating 1200 plus exercise calories. My exercise has mostly been cardio..walking, etc.
  • BluthLover
    Options
    Lost 22 lbs, currently 5'3 and 117lbs. The lowest I ever net was 1400. I lost the first few lbs that way and then upped my calories. I lost most of my weight netting between 1600-1800. I do mostly strength training, started out with NROL then progressed to more difficult strength workouts. Hit cardio a few times a week as well but I spent most of my time doing strength. Same as some other posters, I eat plenty of protein. Usually I consume between 115-140 grams. Consistency is the key. I make sure I weigh everything too. I have been doing this since November 2011 and this has just become the norm. I'm used to it now.

What is NROL?
    PS you look awesome! Congrats on your hard work and success!!!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I went from 209 at the end of Jan to 125.8 as of today. I started out around 2000 calories and dropped about 100 calories every 2-3 weeks until I was around 130 and since I have been slowly adding calories back. I didn't really exercise until about mid May. I swim 7days a week for 20-30 min (except today since my pool is green). I am 33 yrs old and I have 6 boys (3 biological). I will say I have upped my protein and fiber intake in the last couple of months to help the workouts be more effective and keep me feeling fuller. Hope that helps!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    130lbs not calories I would die at 130 calories
  • c_porcayo
    Options
    BUMP*
    I am 5'2 and would love to be 125lbs
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

What is NROL?
    PS you look awesome! Congrats on your hard work and success!!!

NROL = new rules of lifting. Was probably referring to new rules of lifting for women. Because the are books written for those interested in weight lifting.
  • roguestates
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!