I can't reach my daily calories. What to eat?

Options
Please check out my diary and help me by giving me ideas on what else to eat to reach my daily calories without going over on my fats, carbs, sodium and sugar? I have been doing so good and I drink 4-5Lt of bottled water but sometimes I forget to track it.

Any ideas?

Replies

• TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    How about a piece of swiss or cheddar cheese? Maybe some plain greek yogurt with cut veggies would work too. I read about someone who liked to put laughing cow in those mini bell pepper, and that sounded delicious, too.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just noticed that you don't seem to have any dairy in your diet. How about some milk and yogurt?
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Eat whole eggs instead of just the egg whites?

Almond milk?

Greek yogurt?

Cheese?

Protein powder shake?
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, oatmeal, peanut butter, almonds, frozen yogurt maybe. Not sure what your sodium or sugars look like.
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    It looks like you could up your protein. Try more lean protein meats with dinner, such as the obvious chicken breast, or white fish - tilapia is amazing for being high protein and low fat and it's delicious.

As others have suggested, low fat dairy such as 0% fat greek yogurt is a great idea. Use the plain stuff in place of sour cream or to make a spicy dish a little more palatable. Have it with fresh fruit, in a smoothie, instead of milk on granola, etc.

Today I just discovered another nonfat dairy product that's high in protein - fresh cheese, which is also called quark. It comes in a tub like yogurt and has a soft, spreadable consistency but it's something like 60 calories and 15 grams of protein per serving and that's just under 1/3 the whole tub! I just had a dollop on my rice, lentils and veggie dinner and it added a nice creaminess to it. It can be mixed with fruit for dessert or used for baking (there's a really light German cheesecake made with this stuff, it's so good.) It also has no added salt so it's really good if you're watching your sodium.

Aside from that, theres always beans, lentils, tofu, skim milk, etc. Try snacking on roasted soy beans!

Hmm that's all I got for now. Will be back if I think of other ideas :)
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    Thank y'all so much. I just had a cheese string and almonds :)