Totally Guilt-Free, Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins

Options
lajonna
lajonna Posts: 36
These muffins are not only gluten-free, they are vegan.

Blueberry Almond (Date-Sweetened) Muffins Recipe
Makes 6 muffins
Ingredients
1 cup brown rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
7-8 dates
~ 1/2 cup almond or soy milk*
1 1/2 TB flax seeds, coarsely ground
1 TB lemon juice & 1-2 tsp zest
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan with liners. Place the dates in a small blender or processor. Pulse until the dates are finely chopped. Add the applesauce to the dates and process or blend until the mixture turns into a smooth paste.

2.Combine all of the wet ingrdients: mixture from step 1, almond/soy milk, lemon juice + zest, and vanilla extract. Add the ground seed to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
Whisk together brown rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients from step two to the dry ingredients. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. Add the blueberries and almond slices. Stir gently. Using a ice cream or batter scoop, divide the batter into 6 muffins cups/liners. If you’d like, you can sprinkle some raw almond slices on top.
Bake on the center rack for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Rotate the muffin pan midway to ensure even baking. Remove from oven and allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for about 10-15 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow the muffins to cool completely.

3. The muffins are yummier when they are allowed to cool completely. Once cooled, you can really taste the sweetness from the dates. Enjoy them for breakfast or a tasty snack. They are great healthy snacks for kids too!

http://chowdivine.com/totally-guilt-free-gluten-free-blueberry-muffins

Replies

• Finigan84
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I'm going to try these as soon as life settles down and I have time to shop/bake in a couple of weeks! :love:
  • beccapak
    beccapak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many calories they are?
  • lajonna
    lajonna Posts: 36
    Options
    Do you know how many calories they are?

I got this off of a website / blog I like. She didnt post the calories. But im sure you could add up all the ingredients in the food tracker to get the cal. per ingredient & divide its by the number of muffins yielded from the batch you made. You can try to go to the page and find it also.

http://chowdivine.com/totally-guilt-free-gluten-free-blueberry-muffins