I just bought a spaghetti squash. Ideas? Recipes?

Options

Replies

• jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Last week I made the spaghetti squash lasagna from skinnytaste.com. It was excellent and very filling!

This is my "go to" spaghetti squash recipe. I make it and freeze individual servings. Have it all the time and LOVE it!
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Really wanting to try spaghetti squash, but haven't had the chance yet.

Definately keeping these recipes for when I do get one :)
  • deanotoot
    deanotoot Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A little evoo and garlic or grapeseed oil and garlic. Excellent!
  • haley6251993
    Options
    When I cook mine, I saute onions garlic and tomatoes (as much as you like, there is no exact amount) and pour that over the squash. Sometimes I add grilled chicken too.

On days where I have it and don't want to go through the effort of all that, I saute garlic and a small amount of butter and then mix it up. Really really good :)
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use it as my pasta for spaghetti. I just follow the directions that are on the sticker that comes on it. My kids love it!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Make a pesto sauce or simply add spaghettie sauce to it.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Well, I baked it in the oven then sauteed it in olive oil with garlic with some onion and ended up topping it with Parmesan. It was delicious!
  • SilentMelody
    SilentMelody Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Usually just bake it then make up a crock pot ropa vieja, not really sure of the recipe cause my roommate always made it but she found it on here somewhere. Then scoop out the squash till its spaghetti like and mix It with the beef and broth. Gave it a great crunchy texture to go with the beef
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    will be trying some of these when my cleanse is over wednesday. Shakeology is not filling me up!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    bump
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Sorry. It's tough to take picks of spaghetti squash. I made it cooked in the oven and I ended up sauteing it with onions and garlic and added a sprinkle of Parmesan. It was good!

484519_10151190452857053_1984957135_n.jpg

549734_10151190453502053_79968527_n.jpg
  • YGSpencer
    Options
    If you microwave it, be sure to pierce it to the center. When they explode in the mike, they make a HUGE mess. Just ask me.
  • monicalosesweight
    Options
    Yipes. I'm glad I baked it. I'll write that one down as it sounds important.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/2011/02/28/bacon-and-cheese-spaghetti-squash-casserole-recipe/

This recipe is so adaptable and amazing. I've done a "chicken caesar" variation with ground chicken, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses, and 1/4 cup of light Caesar salad dressing tossed with the squash, and a "bacon cheeseburger" variation with ground beef, cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, and 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce. The original is pretty good too, but not meaty enough for me.
  • Audrilee1
    Options
    I alwys cut my in half length-wise - scoop out the seeds - put a little water in the middle and cover with saran and microwave until tender in the center when poked with a fork! Scrape out the insides and use just like spaghetti!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I used it to make an "un"pasta salad and it was delicious. Cook it just long enough to make the strands or "noodle" shred out, cool and toss with other vegetables of your choice and top with your favorite vinaigrette dressing. (toss is some cooked and rinsed kidney beans for added protein and color).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you microwave it, be sure to pierce it to the center. When they explode in the mike, they make a HUGE mess. Just ask me.

I just cut mine in half, remove the seeds and nuke it cut side down on a patter with just a little water to create steam. Works like a charm.
  • rlcobb6
    rlcobb6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Go to Ruby Tuesday's....they have a great entree with spaghetti squash and zucchini. That will give you a better idea of how it should taste. We bake ours in the oven and also add ground turkey meat to the sauce for a low fat protein boost.