Cheating sucks... 10lb gain!? Help?!):

Options
So, I have started losing weight again. I've tried before and lost almost 30pounds but then I let life take over and never got back on track. I then gained back all I lost. I've started again and lost 13 pounds. About halfway to where I was last time. But yesterday, I cheated. During supper no less... Then we had a freezer accident and have been cookingball day and eatingvoff of that. I've tried not eating too much but it's still been cheating. I've also had a lot of water today. But I am 9 to 10 pounds heavier according to yhe scale. I also feel very bloated. Any tips on how to get back on track? How long will it take to get back to where I was? Thankyou(: I could use some encouragement, especially since I had already been at these numbers before. I mean it's neat I am losing but I have seen these results before and they aren't as exciting so it's hard. So, when I gain at all I start to become discouraged and annoyed. Anyway, how long do you think it will take for me to get back on track?(: Thanks!

Replies

• Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Well for the encouragement, you did not gain 10 lbs. You will find that the water weight and digestion weight will come off in the next 12-36 hours and you will have only gained a pound or two at most You may have even been coming off an abnormal low (happens from time to time).

Just keep track of your successes and learn from your mistakes and will succeed in anything you put your mind to for the future.
  • Lcnena209
    Options
    10 lbs? did you weight yourself right after you ate??? usually give it a day or two.
  • notsothinlizzie
    Options
    The best advice I had this week after being slightly bashed...
    Admit IT, Forgive IT, Forget IT and Get With IT.
    A MFP friend sent me a picture of a whip... She said I was beating myself up so much mine must have broken by now.
    Think about what you really want.
    If you were going on vacation and got a flat tire would you throw your hands in the air and stop your vacation, or fix the tire and keep on going.
    Dieting is like this... no not the vacation part... The keep going part.
    Sometimes we just gotta forgive ourself, pull up the big girl panties and keep on going.
    You can do it. Have faith in yourself and start again.
    L
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The best advice I had this week after being slightly bashed...
    Admit IT, Forgive IT, Forget IT and Get With IT.
    A MFP friend sent me a picture of a whip... She said I was beating myself up so much mine must have broken by now.
    Think about what you really want.
    If you were going on vacation and got a flat tire would you throw your hands in the air and stop your vacation, or fix the tire and keep on going.
    Dieting is like this... no not the vacation part... The keep going part.
    Sometimes we just gotta forgive ourself, pull up the big girl panties and keep on going.
    You can do it. Have faith in yourself and start again.
    L

That's great advice that you got, Lizzie!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    That is excellent advice. Might steal it.

Motivation wise - what are you gong to do once you lose the weight? More active? Live fuller? Visualise yourself doing whatever it is? Now go to it!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    In order for you to have gain 10 lbs over night you would have to had eatan 35000 calories over your maintenance calories. I'm guessing about 37000 calories total. That is highly unlikely so you have extra weight for food volume, water weight and guilt. Guilt weighs alot. It will take several days to even back out. You can't change what's been done. Just remember how you feel the next time a situation like this presents itself. Now, get back to work.
  • maryogrady
    maryogrady Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, but here is an idea for the next freezer mishap.....cook those wonderful meals, then put them all into containers and walk them to your nearest homeless shelter, food bank or the church, service group etc that provides dinners etc to the needy.....you will not only not eat those extra calories.....you will smile for the rest of the day knowing you helped someone else............I did that when I first started MFP, I cleaned out my fridge, cupboards and freezer, and donated the food....I started this journey on a high.........
  • notsothinlizzie
    Options
    In order for you to have gain 10 lbs over night you would have to had eatan 35000 calories over your maintenance calories. I'm guessing about 37000 calories total. That is highly unlikely so you have extra weight for food volume, water weight and guilt. Guilt weighs alot. It will take several days to even back out. You can't change what's been done. Just remember how you feel the next time a situation like this presents itself. Now, get back to work.

Guilt weighs a lot. I love that! Best quote of the week for me!
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    Weigh yourself in a couple of days theres no way you would have gained 10lbs