That disgusting bloated feeling (my experiment)

Options
I think I've worked out what was making me feel bloated (but not full) after every single meal, small snacks included. I drink a lot of water throughout the day (~4-5 litres). Thanks to a colleague, I became aware that I subconsciously have 3-4 glasses with most of my meals - especially lunch.

This past week I've been experimenting by making an effort to reduce the amount of water I take in with my meals. It's been really difficult but I've managed to reduce water (with meals) down to 1-2 glasses and boy have I noticed a difference. No more feeling like my stomach is full of disgusting mush after I eat. No more feeling like I need to undo my zip, after meals.

I still eat the same size meal and feel content with what I've eaten without the bloat. And, even though I get thirsty during my meals (I've got a super low salt tolerance), I try not to overindulge in water. Not until at least half an hour after my meal!

For anyone out there who may be feeling super bloated after eating not very much -maybe you're also drinking too much water with your meals?

Replies

• dshgna
    dshgna Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Actually I have the bloated feeling, but after I started drinking more water it actually reduced. I guess its a choice between the two extremes. I usually drink water before my meals and not after, and that really reduces my hunger.