New & Need Some Advice !!

Options
Hello All,

I have started this diet on Friday and have been using the app on my Ipod phone. I have now today inputted all the information onto the website on my computer and although I am coming in well within my calorie points, at the very bottom I have got a -17 in red for fat and -6 in red for protein ??

Am I ment to be having above 0 on all the 4 main headings at the bottom of the page ? Got another 300 calories left today !!

Thank you for your help as I am now worrying that all the hard work I have been doing is wrong !!!!

Dave :)

Replies

• 1985Andy
    1985Andy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave,

Welcome!

The bottom line calculates how many units you have remaining on your daily target of Calories, Carbs, Fat and Protein. If they are in red then it is saying that you have gone over your daily target by that amount of units. If it is in green it'll be how many units you are under your daily target.

MFP is aiming to give you a balanced diet and keeping all those units in the green will help you become fitter :)

Cheers,

Andy
  • Funeral09
    Options
    Hi Andy,

Thank you for your reply :)

Now I have gone over on certain units, does this affect the weight loss although I have calories left for the day ?

Cheers,

Dave
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi Dave and welcome

The quantities at the bottom are guidance the main one that I concentrate on is the calories.

To Open your diary go to "my home" "settings" My Diary" and at ther bottom of the page you can open your diary to various groups.
  • sunsetbeach1
    sunsetbeach1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I concentrate on the calorie one mainly. For example I often go over the protein guideline and am often in the red for that but I've still lost weight :)