WW/Clean Eating/Jenny Craig.....What program do you follow?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I do Jenny Craig and this is my second go round. First time I wasn't ready and a colossal waste of money. Tis time I was ready and have used MFP to keep count of my calories. I only eat their lunch, dinners and snacks. Breakfast I've always done myself. For the past month I've been mostly off (with my partner cooking) and I've broken through my plateau. It's a tool but I'll continue to lose without it.
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    "Eat to Live" by Dr. Fuhrman. I've lost 24 lbs in the past 6 weeks. I swear by it.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Obviously by posting this question here on MFP most people are going to say that this is all they use.

I joined MFP years ago (2009 does my profile say?) and tried to "just" eat 1200 calories and exercise.

I got nowhere.

I've been on Jenny Craig for 4 months and have lost 20 pounds. I only have 8-10 more before I reach my goal weight.

Why is JC working for me? I think it's getting the right macros, and also shifting my mentality to not taking weekends "off."

I'm actually afraid to stop JC because I don't like cooking and have no idea what I'll eat. But I"ll worry about that in 10 pounds.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I loved Weight Watchers, I lost over 300 pounds with 3 different pregnancies using weight watchers points system, after so many years I could tell you how many points an item was before I ate it. I didn't like their meetings and weigh ins so I did it on my own. I also loved Slimfast and lost a significant amount on that too with Weight Watchers. My Mom was doing Jenny Craig and lost over 100 pounds after my youngest brother was born. Now fast forward 5 kids and I am doing the clean eating program and concentrating on what works for my body. I eat what I know I am not sensitive to 90% of the time and only indulge about once a month if I want to. My weight loss rate has more to do with calorie intake then not behaving, I eat over 1800 calories daily, exercise 4 to 5 days a week and nurse my 5 month old part time right now..so in 5 months I have lost 20 pounds. My biggest suggestion don't net under 1200 calories. Don't deprive yourself just eat smarter, eat chocolate if you want it, moderation is key and if yoou are sensitive to milk, breads, fats, and sodium like I am keep it at a moderate level.