Trying something new

Options
Hi, I'm Kaytee!

So like many of us I have a history of well saying I'm going to do something or that I want to finally get healthy and loose this weight! and just couldn't get my head wrapped around it. I have been on weight watchers on and off, and when I am 'on' I do awesome but when I'm 'off' I can't get myself to get back on track. After my son was born in 2010 and I hadn't gained any weight during pregnancy but was still at my heaviest I had ever been, tipping the scales at 280! that's only 20 pounds away from 300 pounds.... 300 pounds! which was due to a 40 pond gain after moving to Seattle, which I found strange since we walked more places and ate better, or so I thought.

Then in January 2011 I really just jumped full throttle into weight watchers and I ended up loosing 50 pounds during the year, however then I got off track ,birthdays and holidays I couldn't get my mind into weight watchers at all so for the last year I have slowly been gaining 20 of those 50 pounds back, and financially I just can't afford the extra 20 a month for weight watchers right now even though I wasn't using it like I should.

I want to be responsible for my own actions, and lack of treating my body how it needs to be treated, to finally be healthy for my son.

I just need a little help

Replies

• CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Hi Kaytee - welcome. Feel free to add me for mutual support & motivation. :happy:
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    I did Weight Watchers for a while, without paying. I went to one or two meetings and got the initial pamphlets and things and then just continued on my own. And, maybe it's because I'm a man, but I never really found the meetings all that motivating. If you want to do weight watchers, why not try that and use MFP as your support meetings.

If you haven't settled on a way of eating yet, might I suggest Keto. There's a great, supportive community over on Reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/keto) and there's a lot of info online about it. Keto is essentially generic low-carb. It's not for everyone, but lots of people do really well on it and contrary to what some believe, it's not in any way unhealthy.

Whatever you do, I wish you much success.