Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred

Options
Hey Everybody,

So I just started the 30 Day Shred today. I found it very challeging. I have been going to the gym and working out atleast once a week. But I think that this DVD does more in the 20 minutes than my hour at the gym. I am hoping that when the 30 days is up I will see a difference. I will also post updates as to how well the workout is going. I have a feeling that once school started back up it will be more challenging to fit it in.

Replies

• bhug918
    bhug918 Posts: 23
    Options
    Look for this thread "Jillian Michael 30 Day Update" She has her before and after photos for one week. Very motivational (of course everyone is different).
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mine just came in the mail yesterday. I am very interested in how you are doing. I want to start soon, I just have to push myself to get started. I'm not real good at doing DVDs but I will give it a shot. Hopefully you will be my motivation.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this DVD. I have been working out at they gym everyday for over a year and I have gotten in that stuck mode so I needed to change something. I hope it works.
  • fitmommy75
    fitmommy75 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That DVD was the beginning of my weight loss. I LOVE Jillian and the DVD kicked my butt every single time. I am going to restart the program in about 2 weeks and I agree that in those 20-30 minutes she does more for you than an hour at the gym. Keep at it! It works :)
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    30 day shred was the first thing i did when i decided i wanted to loose weight, i found it very hard but the results were AMAZING. And once you start school it is only 20 minutes so very easy to fit into your day :)

check out my results :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/358236-30ds-results

that was 11 months ago! i am now 45 pounds lighter than that original picture.

best of luck
  • SaraRhiannon421
    SaraRhiannon421 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just some advice, I have been looking into it some more because I have only been doing it like two times a week because I am also doing the couch to 5k three times a week... That being said, I have found that doing the workout every day for thirty days straight was only a marketing deal. When Jillian made the workout, her intention was to have a weekly plan that went as follows:

Two days using the 30ds, one day doing another type of cardio, Two days using the 30ds, one day doing another type of cardio, and then one day off.

Of course, you can do what works best for you, but that is what she said was the best option as to not develop a plateau...

I hope this helps, I started with that specific plan today!
  • Vguthman
    Vguthman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    So I completed day 2 today. It went really well. I had to have a day and a half of rest though after doing day 1 from being so sore. However I feel like I cant finish but then I think only have 1 more circut and I finish out strong. How are other people doing so far?