Nutella

Options
Please share your personal thoughts on Nutella spread..

Replies

• Sparkle3131
    Options
    Delicious :-) But hard to stop at 1 tbsp!!!! My SIL uses it as a filling in chocolate cake. I'll eat it on occasion on toast for breakie with a banana...mmmmmmmmm.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Lots of sugar? I've never tried it but I've seen the ingredients. A slightly healthier version would be Justin's Hazelnut chocolate spread. I bought that once and I'd just eat a tablespoon as a treat occasionally.
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Delicious and I try to stay away from it..lol. My kids love it so I always have it in the house. On a rare occasion, I will get a spoonful of it and eat that for a sweet snack/dessert. I don't make it part of my regular diet though.
  • SarahGarza0417
    Options
    Tastes amazing, easy to eat too much...no health benefits at all! Don't by if you don't have self control.
  • AzhureSnow
    AzhureSnow Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's a melted candy bar in a jar. One tbsp is more sugar than most people should eat in a day, and despite what the production company would like you to think, there is no benefit to it as a "nut butter". There are healthier, natural hazelnut spreads with a chocolate flavor that have significantly less sugar than Nutella.

I don't deny that it's tasty, but i swore it off when I realized eating nutella was about as nutritional as eating a Hershey bar.
  • drwgal
    drwgal Posts: 66
    Options
    It is delicious and I think also FAR from healthy and nutritious lol I have a jar in the kitchen that I have been trying to desperately stay away from. I have been feeding it to my fiancee` and my kids just to get rid of it, and it also gives me a chance to lick the spoon :)
  • srslycolette
    srslycolette Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nutella.gif

this.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It's delicious and it's junk food, sorry to burst everyone's bubble.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said don't buy if you don't have self control it is so easy to over eat that tasty crap. Your better off finding something more healthy.......
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Nutella is the devil! :devil:
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options
    The French eat it by the bucket load - they are a very healthy nation!! Personally, it's the devil in a jar, too much sugar etc. "Get thee behind me Nutella" !
  • fleerik
    fleerik Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Nutella, but our love affair had come to an end. I came across an article that highlighted the fact that it contained more sugar and fat than some canned frostings. After comparing Nutella and canned frosting I have not had it since. I used to LOVE Nutella on Nilla Wafers, but this can happen no more :( Nothing against Nutella, but my body just can't burn all that sugar and fat like it used to.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!
  • faya195
    faya195 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I grew up with it and have been in love/lust ever since. I'm under no illusions that it's healthy but every few months (once or twice a year) I go through a Nutella phase that non-surprisingly coincides with general bad eating (oh, the possibilities: Nutella on butter cookies, Nutella mug cakes, Nutella cookies, Nutella on bread/rolls, Nutella on sweet breads and croissants, Nutella on ice cream, Nutella crescents, Nutella on its own, Nutella cheese cake, etc). At all other times of the year I can eat it in moderation without any problems and sometimes need to bin the started jar because it's been open for too long.
    So yes - I love it, I know it's not necessarily good for me but I still have it, 90% of the time in moderation.
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Its chcolate on toast. No matter how they try and dress it up with how many vitamins or whatever it's got in it, it is still essentially chcolate and should be eaten in moderation, just like chocolate.
  • renkatrun
    renkatrun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Want your money back ;)
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2012/04/nutella-after-suit-drops-health-claims/

The amount of palm oil (it is 30% oils) and the sugar in the spread are just frightening...
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Love Nutella. It's great to bake with too. But I consider it a DESSERT rather than something to make a meal out of.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I love it! It is candy in a jar though. If you love milk chocolate and hazelnuts (filberts) stay away from it.
    Speaking of the French, our state fair has a booth where you can get crepes. One kind of crepes are filled with Nutella. The fair starts this coming Thursday through Labor Day. I definately NOT be going this year.......too much temptation.