MEAT!

Options
heartsherps
heartsherps Posts: 57 Member
I'm trying to add more protein to my diet, and what better way than with tons of meat (and by meat I mean beef, chicken, seafood, anything really)?

I only have a couple of recipes that are high in protein and low in fat and carbs that work for me on a college budget and schedule. Anyone here know some good, cheap, quick, and (most importantly) delicious meat recipes?

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I am a college student on a tight budget too!

I think the 2 cheapest meats I have found are chicken breast and pork loin. Both $1.99 a pound

The easiest thing to do I think is to put them in the crock pot on sunday, then eat leftovers all week :)
    Then you have shredded chicken or pork :)

I like these combos
    Pork lion + jar of apricot preserves + chicken broth
    Chicken breast + sriracha sauce

then you can take the meat and put it over rice, use it in wraps, sandwiches, pasta dishes, or casseroles
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye out for shrimp on sale, it's got a TON of protein
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Chicken drumsticks cost like 79 cents per lb. CHeaper if you buy in bulk (which I do!)

Since my diet includes everything (carbs, protein, fats) so tend to cook it in ways to incorporate it all. Like Making curry and eating it with rice/bread. I also make it chicken tikka or bbq it which is nice also.

Besides meats, try beans and lentils. Lentil soups specially are really good for high fiber and high protein
  • FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Beef liver is great and cheap i soak in almond milk then coat with a bit of panko and whole wheat flour then fry in a little bit of low fat marg or cooking spray yummmm
  • rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Check out www.poorgirleatswell.com she has a lot of great recipes that are cheap. This chick shops on like a 25$ budget