HELP!! How do you lose the flabbiness?

Options
I am currently at 274 and down 57 pounds from a starting weight of 331 with an initial goal of getting down to 200. This summer I joined our senior center which has a fitness center as well as a pool. I have been working mostly on cardio through walking and the fitness equipment as well as doing swimming. I am losing some inches and clothing sizes, but the arm and thigh flab seems even worse. I will be meeting with one of the trainers to add strength training, but do those of you who have been there have suggestions for getting rid of this stuff? How long am I looking at to see a real difference? Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies

• sarah2954
    sarah2954 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    The workouts you're doing will help you get healthy, but to get rid of the "flabbiness," you need to keep eating a calorie deficit and lower your body fat percentage. You won't see muscles if there is fat in the way :)

Btw...pinch the back of your hand. That's skin. If you have more than that when you pnch your "flabby" areas, you still have fat to lose.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm a 40yo man. I used to have a really huge beer belly...recently as I am getting closer to my target weight my stomach skin looked like a wrinkled empty paper sack due to the loose skin, but it tightened up by itself in 2 weeks.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    You keep doing what you're doing. :)

Just do it slowly!

Congrats!