Need to Lose 100+ and need to start TODAY

Options
2»

Replies

• TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if what I am about to tell you is semantics or reality, but it worked for me. Last September, I weighed 440 pounds. I had a doctor tell me that I NEEDED to lose about 250 pounds. I knew I NEEDED to lose 250 pounds. My response? I gained 38 pounds in the next 10 months. And that was with me NEEDING to lose weight and knowing that I NEEDED to lose weight.

Now, I don't know if you've noticed this or not, but there aren't a lot of guys in their 50's who weigh 478 pounds. There's a reason for that and we both know what it is.

In July of this year, I noticed that I was spending most of my days going from my desk chair at work, to my car seat, to my dinner chair at home to my recliner where I watch TV and usually sleep. Then it dawned on me that I was in the process of becoming one of those seat bound folks who can't walk around simply because they are too big to be mobile. That was when I decided that I WANTED to lose weight. And once I made that decision and truly stuck to MFP daily calorie goals NO MATTER WHAT, the pounds began to melt off. They really began to roll off when I got off my butt and started walking in the neighborhood. I am up to 2 miles at a time at a pace of 3 mph. Not great, but a lot faster and a lot farther than I was doing on my couch and in my recliner. When I exercise in the Houston, Texas, heat and humidity (I just came back from a walk at 4:30pm), it is as if my body is crying tears of melted fat. And tears of joy, because it knows that with every pound and every step, I am becoming stronger and more fit. I have lost 22 pounds (from 478 to 456) in a little less than a month. I WANT to lose (and WILL lose) another 231 pounds at an average rate of 2-3 pounds per week over the next 2 years. Stick around and watch. You'll see. And if you do what you need to do, you'll accomplish your weight loss goals too.
  • losingw8now
    losingw8now Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You, and anyone else on here can add me as a friend. I have only been on here just about 2 weeks, and have over 100 lbs to lose too. I really am struggling with it - have never done this calorie counting before and it's hard. But this place is great for support.

some of the rest of you who have responded and have lost a lot already - way to go! I can't wait until I am joining you in that level of weight loss.