This is gonna be a challange!

Options
artickb22
artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
I was sooo excited to get my new size XL scrubs. I'd been in a 3X for quite some time, then worked my way down. Well, I've had the XL's for a week or so and while they are snug I don't mind because its a constant reminder to keep working. However, I'm leaving for vacation Friday. Heading to New Mexico where the food is AMAZING but luckily there are plenty of physical things to do there. I'm just a little bit ner vous about coming back from vacay and my scrubs not fitting. I'm determined to not let this happen. I am taking along workout DVD's, my HRM, the hotel where we are staying has a fitness center and pool so I know I'll do good there with the exception of a few days in which our itenerary is jam packed and I may not be able to get in a proper workout. I tend to get really tense and achy these days if I don't workout everyday. However, I'm a little nervous on how I'll do on the food aspect. I've been in love with NM for quite sometime now and this is my 4th trip out there. With a state who's state questions is "red or green"...lets just say the scenery is not the only thing to be enamoured by! Wish me luck!!!

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Good idea keeping busy. All your meals don't have to be restaurant. (whatever) NM has grocery stores. Lots of 'good food' snacks store pretty well. A missed workout here or there? Not to be too stressed about that. Just make sure it doesn't turn into more. Stress makers you feel guilty, which causes more missed workouts, which causes more stress. Spin cycle! But you know this. Keep us in mind. Check in when you're back and enjoy your vaccy! Nice job on the new scrubs!!1 Awesome!!!!
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do fine! Bring the pair of scrubs if you have to and try them on every couple of days as a reminder. A few years back I was in a wedding. It wasn't very formal and we just ordered a nice little sun dress online. When I ordered mine there was either the size that had been before losing weight, or 1 size smaller . Of course they didn't have my size. Well I had been losing weight and exercising so I went ahead and bought the smaller size dress. When I got it, I couldn't zip it all of the way up. I was going on vacation right before the wedding and was getting back exactly one week before the wedding day. I still couldn't get it all the way up before I left, but I had to fit in to it. So I brought it with me. I was at the beach for two weeks, I continued eating healthy, watched my portions, exercised. And by the middle of my vacation I could zip the dress up no problem at all! It was the greatest feeling!!
    So that's my advice plus my story. Bring them with you, it will help you from over indulging. Indulge yes, you are on vacation, just don't take it to far. You know when you are full and don't need that extra serving. And on days your schedule is packed full, try to walk around as much as you can. :) Have Fun!
  • Cdngal08
    Cdngal08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you have room....pack the scrubs...take them with you...may be what you need to stay on track...just a suggestion
  • artickb22
    Options
    Good idea keeping busy. All your meals don't have to be restaurant. (whatever) NM has grocery stores. Lots of 'good food' snacks store pretty well. A missed workout here or there? Not to be too stressed about that. Just make sure it doesn't turn into more. Stress makers you feel guilty, which causes more missed workouts, which causes more stress. Spin cycle! But you know this. Keep us in mind. Check in when you're back and enjoy your vaccy! Nice job on the new scrubs!!1 Awesome!!!!

Oh yes, I plan on only eating out once a day for lunch. Our hotel has free breakfast and healthy options there and we plan on going to the store for health snacks and dinner supplies!! I'll be checking in every day. Charting does not end for vacay!! I'm giving up facebook for the week but I'll be on here religiously as usual!
  • kprizzl87
    Options
    Ahhh you don't need luck!!!!! You appear to have the right mind set!!! You'll do fine!!! :) Great suggestions from the ladies about bringing your scrubs. Itll def help with staying focused!!

And just remember- theres tons of ways to stay active on your trip. Walk/joggin in the ocean sure beats a tredmill anyday. Enjoy your scenery and have fun!!!!!!
  • artickb22
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do fine! Bring the pair of scrubs if you have to and try them on every couple of days as a reminder. A few years back I was in a wedding. It wasn't very formal and we just ordered a nice little sun dress online. When I ordered mine there was either the size that had been before losing weight, or 1 size smaller . Of course they didn't have my size. Well I had been losing weight and exercising so I went ahead and bought the smaller size dress. When I got it, I couldn't zip it all of the way up. I was going on vacation right before the wedding and was getting back exactly one week before the wedding day. I still couldn't get it all the way up before I left, but I had to fit in to it. So I brought it with me. I was at the beach for two weeks, I continued eating healthy, watched my portions, exercised. And by the middle of my vacation I could zip the dress up no problem at all! It was the greatest feeling!!
    So that's my advice plus my story. Bring them with you, it will help you from over indulging. Indulge yes, you are on vacation, just don't take it to far. You know when you are full and don't need that extra serving. And on days your schedule is packed full, try to walk around as much as you can. :) Have Fun!

This is a FANTASTIC idea!! I'm on it!! Thanks for sharing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!