Stupid weather!

Options
I'm starting a stupid sore throat. I took 2 vitamin C's and I'm currently boiling garlic and ginger so I can drink it.
Anybody else know of any "tricks' to help get rid of a sore throat? I'm doing so good at losing weight and I can't afford to be sick right now.

It's -23C with the wind right now but 2 days ago it was +1C. No wonder we keep getting sick!:angry:

I'm starting my count down to summer!

Replies

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a stupid sore throat. I took 2 vitamin C's and I'm currently boiling garlic and ginger so I can drink it.
    Anybody else know of any "tricks' to help get rid of a sore throat? I'm doing so good at losing weight and I can't afford to be sick right now.

It's -23C with the wind right now but 2 days ago it was +1C. No wonder we keep getting sick!:angry:

I'm starting my count down to summer!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    Know the feeling. Chicago has been hit with a lot of snow and cold weather too!

I CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL SUMMER (OR SPRING FOR THAT MATTER)!!!

Hang in there.

By the way that is an awesome photo of the horizon!

Melissa
  • throughHisstrength
    Options
    Yeah I know all about the weather- luckily we're having some sun today but it seems like Spring is never going to get here- the snow is still over 4 feet deep. And with the sun it's made the roads really slick so I still can't go out and walk. As for your throat my dad used to swear by gargling warm salt water and to tell you the truth if you can take the taste it works. Good luck to you!!
  • Mireille
    Options
    Oh yeah, I forgot about the salted water.
    I know this sounds sick but as a child I use to love to drink satled water. I'd sneak a cup, put salt in it and I would go to the bathroom, put a little water in it and drink it. I no longer have this issue LOL.

Thanks ladies!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I was very sick AND put out my back during the past two months...it was the worst time for me.
    I took zinc + vitamin C! lol
    Good luck!
  • mydogmesa2
    mydogmesa2 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    AWWW you poor thing! Its 70C here today. Only downside: It gets up to 123C for a week or two straight!!

I just sip on warm broth when my throat hurts. Maybe it would help to take a trip to Vegas!

Hope you feel better:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Options
    AWWW you poor thing! Its 70C here today. Only downside: It gets up to 123C for a week or two straight!!

I just sip on warm broth when my throat hurts. Maybe it would help to take a trip to Vegas!

Hope you feel better:flowerforyou:

Just like rubbing salt in a wound! lol I'm glad not everybody is suffering.
    123C is pretty hot but I'd still take it over this cold.:glasses:

Take care,
    Mireille
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Turmeric (the spice) is a natural anti-inflammatory.

I have a turmeric tea (from a shop in Chinatown) but you can just use it as a gargle

In warm (almost hot) water put about a 1/4 tsp turmeric
    and a tbs of salt and mix well.

Gargle!

(warning: turmeric makes things yellow, but if you brush your teeth that will go away. Just make sure you rinse the sink immediately, or it will be a pain to clean)

Also there's an herbal tea called "Throat Coat" that helps a lot.

I'm a singer, so I know, trust me.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Today it is beautiful. 71 and sunny. Friday 72 and sunny.:happy:
    Sorry:cry:
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    I can only sympathize with you. Originally from Miami and I hate cold weather. I suffer from the Winter blues every year since I left Florida
  • Mireille
    Options
    Turmeric (the spice) is a natural anti-inflammatory.

I have a turmeric tea (from a shop in Chinatown) but you can just use it as a gargle

In warm (almost hot) water put about a 1/4 tsp turmeric
    and a tbs of salt and mix well.

Gargle!

(warning: turmeric makes things yellow, but if you brush your teeth that will go away. Just make sure you rinse the sink immediately, or it will be a pain to clean)

Also there's an herbal tea called "Throat Coat" that helps a lot.

I'm a singer, so I know, trust me.

I will try it. I bought some turmeric a couple of months ago when I decide to make homemade Jamaican beef patties (they did not turn out well btw). I guess I might as well put it to good use. Thanks for your help!