Calories burned??

Options
When I'm working out it says I'm burning significantly less calories than when I calculate them using a calorie calculator or when I track my exercise on here. What's right?

Replies

• mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    neither of those are 100% accurate!!!... i invested in a HRM (heart rate monitor) nerdy i know.. love it!!! got the POLAR FT7 and love it.. tells you hear rate as u go/calroies burned... and its accurate.. and I load it myself on here... i used the MFP questimate first cpl weeks on here... but love knowing for sure.. it is very close to accurate on mfp (for me) i notice for WALKING... but for classes at gym its way off!!! like zumba/all that... i love my HRM and it motivates me to workout more often/longer and harder...
    im about to head out now for my 2nd walk! :bigsmile:
  • Cassandram333
    Cassandram333 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    neither of those are 100% accurate!!!... i invested in a HRM (heart rate monitor) nerdy i know.. love it!!! got the POLAR FT7 and love it.. tells you hear rate as u go/calroies burned... and its accurate.. and I load it myself on here... i used the MFP questimate first cpl weeks on here... but love knowing for sure.. it is very close to accurate on mfp (for me) i notice for WALKING... but for classes at gym its way off!!! like zumba/all that... i love my HRM and it motivates me to workout more often/longer and harder...
    im about to head out now for my 2nd walk! :bigsmile:

i have a HRM too! i would be so lost without it!
  • tothetide
    tothetide Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I need to get one then! Are they expensive?