Will a bowl of ice cream ruin it all?

Options
I've been depressed the last couple of days, and I'm starting to crave ice cream because of it. I always do, lol.
Welp, I haven't lost any weight in a while, (months actually) but I think I know the problem so tomorrow I start a new form of exercise and planning different foods to eat (more fruits and vegetables) and starting to eat more calories. It's a fresh start tomorrow. So would a bowl of ice cream kill me today? I haven't had a real "cheat" day in a while and I don't plan on having another until Halloween (if even then).

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and enjoy your ice cream. It doesn't hurt once in a while. Tomorrow is a new day.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Measure out a single serving and make sure it fits into your day/macros... And you can have ice cream every day.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Buy a single serving container of your fave ice cream. It won't kill you and the single serving will keep calories reasonable. Enjoy!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I've been depressed the last couple of days, and I'm starting to crave ice cream because of it. I always do, lol.
    Welp, I haven't lost any weight in a while, (months actually) but I think I know the problem so tomorrow I start a new form of exercise and planning different foods to eat (more fruits and vegetables) and starting to eat more calories. It's a fresh start tomorrow. So would a bowl of ice cream kill me today? I haven't had a real "cheat" day in a while and I don't plan on having another until Halloween (if even then).

While the ice cream will never ruin any diet or meal plan if you fit it into your caloric intake for the day and hit your macro's... Eating that ice cream to feed an addition, or depression, or etc in my opinion would be the wrong way to approach it... Best of Luck...
  • wisters
    wisters Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It damn well better not! I just had a mini snickers blizzard and I am NOT guilty about it at all. It was delicious and a rare treat. Life is short, enjoy the moments!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a sugar cone of light butter pecan ice cream several nights a week. I weigh the ice cream and count the calories in my diary. No guilt and I've continued to lose weight. Best 170 calories ever! :)
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options

While the ice cream will never ruin any diet or meal plan if you fit it into your caloric intake for the day and hit your macro's... Eating that ice cream to feed an addition, or depression, or etc in my opinion would be the wrong way to approach it... Best of Luck...

I agree with Ed.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I went to a friend's where I was supposed to have lunch today. Apparently she forgot about lunch. She ended up serving me the equivalent of 3 servings of ice cream and a serving of Utz cheese balls. I logged it, I still have plenty of room in my cals and macros, so I'm good!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ice cream is evil, I'd avoid it
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

He lies. Ice cream cures all. :smile:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    it depends on how big your bowl is LOL, seriously I would go get some skinnycow ice cream bars or weight watchers bars, maybe go get a single serving of frozen yogurt or and ice cream cone from McDonalds.....150 cals ....enjoy
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Umm.. NO!

I have had a helluva a week and plan on taking a looooooong Walk or a Rollerblade the store to get myself some chocolate, or ice cream, or candy, or something as soon as I get these kids to BED!!!!!!!!
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Sarcasm ;) Check his diary :)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

I agree with Ed.
    Ialso agree.I have Blackberry Cobbler and Ice Cream and do pretty good.. I enjoy the food I like but don't eat alot of it anymore.
  • ladybarometer
    ladybarometer Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I buy super rich ice cream so I will be satisfied on just a couple of bites :)
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't think it will ruin it all, just try and stay within the serving size. My boyfriend has been really great about buying groceries lately because he actually read labels. Last week he bought an ice cream brand called Sweet Freedom. It has really low sugar and not many calories. Didn't taste too bad either! I hope you feel better, feeling depressed is the pits.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I hope not because I may have some ice cream with Kahula poured over it :drinker:
  • heather_huggins
    heather_huggins Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    try double churned breyers or edy's. it has half the fat and 1/3 fewer calories and in my opinion, is waaaaay better. it's very creamy and i feel less guilty when i eat it! :) enjoy!
  • kashmirdreamer
    kashmirdreamer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I freaking love ice cream. I make sure to measure it and I have small bowls that perfectly fit 1 cup so I don't splurge too much. I also try to buy the slow churned or frozen yogurt, but only in the flavors I like because I want to enjoy it! I also find that I can portion Ben and Jerry's well because I can visualize the 1/4 of the pint. I also like to buy the single serving cups because then there is no guess work or binging!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i have ice cream multiple times a week...i'm down 33 lbs :)