What is your favourite breakfast ?

Options
Does anyone want to share their favourite breakfast foods? I am not too fond of eggs. I tend to eat a lot of fruit, yogurt and cereals. I am looking for some new ideas!

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt with peanut butter, chia seeds, flax seeds, and a little honey, or stevia sweetened maple syrup.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    Full english. :blushing:
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, turkey, on a whole wheat wrap with Sriracha hot sauce.
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I do overnight oatmeal with peanut butter and chia seeds. I have never thought of leaving out the oatmeal!
  • Sharon_73
    Options
    Egg whites, turkey, on a whole wheat wrap with Sriracha hot sauce.

Love the hot sauce!
  • treromano
    Options
    2 egg whites , cottage cheese and any piece of fresh fruit
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    laugh if ya want..............but I love love love pickles..aka cucumber slices dunked in pickle juice.

I usta love toast dunked in tomato juice.
  • mittensofdoom
    mittensofdoom Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been on a greek yogurt kick because of the protein. I tend to eat things I can enjoy on the go so I also like Boca sausages wrapped in a Mission low carb wrap with a little Sriracha or Chalula hot sauce.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I may not be the best to follow but I workout in the morning and my daily calorie goal is 3200 so I have a pretty big breakfast,,, I bake my own breads, normally Banana Nut Bread or Zucchini Nut Bread (I make them with applesauce instead of Oils and stoneground whole wheat. I do use pure cane sugar and brown sugar combo and the nuts are pecans or walnuts, I do add some dark chocolate chips sometimes).. But 1 of these 2 is what I normally have on hand weekly. If I don't I have Sara Lee Multi-grain bread instead with Peanut butter and splash of honey and have any of that with a glass of 1% milk and a banana and my morning coffee... I too can not pass up a bowl of cereal from time to time... Best of Luck....
  • fat2fit33
    Options
    I love a bowl of honest oats. and then yogurt. there is the odd time that I will have eggs
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake (vanilla protein powder, almond milk, chai concentrate) but I just recently discovered scrambling eggs in the microwave. I use Great Value liquid eggs, a chopped up wedge of Laughing Cow light swiss cheese and Mrs Dash Tomato Basil seasoning all mixed up in a coffee mug.
  • Sharon_73
    Options
    I love your ideas, Ed. I do most of my own baking as well. I can't use applesauce in my products though because I have the misfortune of an anaphylactic (sp?) allergy to apples. :ohwell:
    I may not be the best to follow but I workout in the morning and my daily calorie goal is 3200 so I have a pretty big breakfast,,, I bake my own breads, normally Banana Nut Bread or Zucchini Nut Bread (I make them with applesauce instead of Oils and stoneground whole wheat. I do use pure cane sugar and brown sugar combo and the nuts are pacans or walnuts, I do add some dark chocolate chips sometimes).. But 1 of these 2 is what I normally have on hand weekly. If I don't I have Sara Lee Multi-grain bread instead with Peanut butter and splash of honey and have any of that with a glass of 1% milk and a banana and my morning coffee... I too can not pass up a bowl of cereal from time to time... Best of Luck....
  • janrarey
    janrarey Posts: 10
    Options
    Eating breakfast has been the biggest change I have made. Over 50+ years i did not eat breakfast. I just started eating something in the morning about 3 months ago. I always have a protien bar. I have had egg substitutes and cheese for breakfast as well. Greek yougart is my morning or afternoon snack.
  • srslycolette
    srslycolette Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    539sl.png
    This!

Or everything bagels...
    Or turkey sausage links...

and eggs, but you said they weren't your fav.
  • paperducks
    Options
    Nothing like a proper fry up :) (The veggie version)
  • Sharon_73
    Options
    I love the Yves veggie sausages!
    Nothing like a proper fry up :) (The veggie version)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I usually have a protein shake (vanilla protein powder, almond milk, chai concentrate) but I just recently discovered scrambling eggs in the microwave. I use Great Value liquid eggs, a chopped up wedge of Laughing Cow light swiss cheese and Mrs Dash Tomato Basil seasoning all mixed up in a coffee mug.
    Brilliant to add the chai concentrate!
  • clickybang
    clickybang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on an avo kick - half an avocado, mashed on two slices of wholegrain toast and topped with black pepper. Yum!
  • hazwaz7
    hazwaz7 Posts: 1
    Options
    Lately I've been having wholemeal toast topped with 35g of dry roasted peanuts, drizzled with a little honey. It's SO filling and I LOVE sweet and salty things together. YUM!
  • MeccaLoves2Sleep
    MeccaLoves2Sleep Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My go to is instant weight loss oatmeal (150). I have a hot water spout at work so it makes it sooo easy. My other fav is whole wheat toast (100), 1 tbsp of natural peanutbutter (50) and sliced banana's (100). I could eat that all day...mmm.

I'm looking for fast, grab and go, or at least something I can prepare on the weekends for the entire work week. Keep the suggestions coming. if you could share the calories that would be helpful too.
    Thanks!