New and here till the end...

sunflower83
sunflower83 Posts: 8
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
no matter how long it takes :smile:

Hi Everyone. I am 26 years old from British Columbia Canada and am excited to be here.

I have recently decided to jump start myself in my weight loss....again. I have tried many strategies for weight loss and usually begin to succeed (I don't use the fad diets) and then for whatever reason, I lose motivation or I just stop focussing because I am busy with other things. This time, it is about me!!
I recently moved back to where I grew up and have my mom close by. She has become really active over the last couple years and we have been going to the gym 1-3 times per week and to aquafit classes once a week for the last couple weeks together. I have just bought a Wii Fit and am lovin every minute of it. While it may not burn as many calories in a short amount of time as other activities, I find myself playing the fitness games for an hour at a time without even thinking about the fact that I am actually exercising (until later in the day when I can feel that my muscles have been worked :tongue: ).
Anyways, so much for a short intro but that's a little bit about me. Oh, and I am recently married and we have decided that it is time for our little family to grow...just another exciting reason for me to get my body into shape!

Any tips or helpful hints are greatly appreciated and I look forward to meeting and succeeding with lots of people here :happy:

~ Brianne ~ :flowerforyou:

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,150 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: someone said that the best exercise is the one that you will do.....it sounds like you've found exercise that will motivate you to do them again.:bigsmile:

Something that helped me a lot was to continue to improve the quality of my eating, to eliminate any food that didn't nourish my body, and to eat food that is nutrition dense.....you'll learn a lot about nutrition on MFP

find a group or challenge to be part of and check in with them every day.

You can do this:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • cambam84
    cambam84 Posts: 59 Member
    Welcome....I totally kn ow what you mean about the Wii...I use the Wii every night...I have two small kids so going to the gym is not an option plus when I have the wii at home why not take advantage of it, right?? I highly highly recommend the game/disk My Fitness Coach it is for the wii and you can make up your weekly workout schedule and as long as you work hard you will feel it. I hope this helps.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi Sunflower, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Welcome! It seems like you have the right attitude!! This place is great for keeping you accountable and on top of your goals. I had never used message boards before, but they are SO helpful! I wish you much success!!
  • Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement and helpful tips.
    I look forward to "losing" with all of you :happy:

~B~
This discussion has been closed.