Weight loss suppressants do they work for you

Options
Hello fellow bloggers just wanted to find out if anybody tried leproxenal tablets I've got mixed reviews on them or are they full of crap I'm not after a quick fix but just needed a little extra help... what do you take to suppress your appetite ..:smile:

Replies

• McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I eat to suppress my appetite.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat real food to suppress my appetite..... Best of Luck....
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I find oreos and nutella to be very effective weight loss suppressants.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

^^ This.

Eat more protein and fats. Those will satiate you more then carbs will.
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I get what you are sayin. I relied on Oxyelite for about a year. Then I plateaued so hard. I went paleo. Dropped 10 off the bat, and couldn't tolerate any kind of supplement. Was rendered unnecessary because I was nourished.
  • kmard81
    kmard81 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I agree. With weight loss pills, you are more likley to gain the weight back when you stop taking them. I would eat smaller meals throughout the day and your body will get used to not being hungry and you'll get fuller faster.
  • rudimae
    rudimae Posts: 107
    Options
    I have tried an appetite suppressant...briefly. My doctor was afraid it would elevate my blood pressure, which has already been difficult to control even on several medications. However, she hoped that if it helped me lose weight, it would be more beneficial than harmful.

I took it for about a month but really didn't notice a bit of difference with it...can't remember the name though, so I don't know if it's the one you asked about specifically. Perhaps it didn't work for me because I don't think I'm fat because I'm hungry all the time. I'm fat because I eat when I'm not really hungry...I eat because I love to eat. Even when I am hungry, I tend to over eat by far. If one slice of pizza tasted great, four would be awesome.

So for me, an appetite suppressant wasn't a good solution because it didn't have anything to do with why I over eat.

It was painful for me to admit those things I mentioned above. I really wanted my excess weight to have come from a ravenous appetite that could be dampened by a pill. Before you consider starting a medication to suppress your appetite, I would suggest you give some really honest thought to why you need to lose weight. Maybe you eat more because you are hungry a lot; if so, the pill might help. But maybe it's the type of food you are eating? Or the amount? Or why you might overeat?

It is still important that you eat enough to get enought nutrition, so it's not always a good idea to suppress your appetite too far. As others have suggested (and I'm new to this part), certain types of food will make you feel full longer.

Finally, taking a pill to help you lose weight doesn't really help you deal with why you have gained weight. Again, I'm new to all this and really learning a lot. But the only way I think you can be successful is to re-train yourself to have a healthy eating lifestyle.

Sorry it's soooo long...but just had some of these breakthroughs myself!
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have tried an appetite suppressant...briefly. My doctor was afraid it would elevate my blood pressure, which has already been difficult to control even on several medications. However, she hoped that if it helped me lose weight, it would be more beneficial than harmful.

I took it for about a month but really didn't notice a bit of difference with it...can't remember the name though, so I don't know if it's the one you asked about specifically. Perhaps it didn't work for me because I don't think I'm fat because I'm hungry all the time. I'm fat because I eat when I'm not really hungry...I eat because I love to eat. Even when I am hungry, I tend to over eat by far. If one slice of pizza tasted great, four would be awesome.

So for me, an appetite suppressant wasn't a good solution because it didn't have anything to do with why I over eat.

It was painful for me to admit those things I mentioned above. I really wanted my excess weight to have come from a ravenous appetite that could be dampened by a pill. Before you consider starting a medication to suppress your appetite, I would suggest you give some really honest thought to why you need to lose weight. Maybe you eat more because you are hungry a lot; if so, the pill might help. But maybe it's the type of food you are eating? Or the amount? Or why you might overeat?

It is still important that you eat enough to get enought nutrition, so it's not always a good idea to suppress your appetite too far. As others have suggested (and I'm new to this part), certain types of food will make you feel full longer.

Finally, taking a pill to help you lose weight doesn't really help you deal with why you have gained weight. Again, I'm new to all this and really learning a lot. But the only way I think you can be successful is to re-train yourself to have a healthy eating lifestyle.

Sorry it's soooo long...but just had some of these breakthroughs myself!

this is a really good explanation. that's why i'm fat too. i just love the taste of food so lots of tastes of food is way better than just a moderate amount. and you do really need to find out WHY you're overweight.

but regardless of why, those things dont work. if they did, wouldnt the whole world be skinny and attractive? also some of them give you seepage from your *kitten*... gross. that's not gonna happen with things that are healthy for you. if you're just hungry alot, eat lots of vegetables. things with lower calories. also good fats like nuts and avocados and proteins. i would consider myself a volume eater so i make sure i have lots of high volume/low calorie foods. like i'm eating a whole zucchini in a meal because i just want lots to eat but its all healthy.
  • mystry11
    mystry11 Posts: 34
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts on weight loss suppressant pills I saw it on the my fitness pal website but going into the forum wasn't that impressed with what people said bout the pills to rudi Mae you are right I ate the wrong food nd too much too I have already learnt so much from this site already just going to be a long rod to take I haven't weighed myself yet guess I'm chicken but good luck to your journey persevere keep trying different choices of food that are low in calories but taste fantastic and don't led to you Erin that pizza we allot our weakness just need to find a substitute for it I'm a baker so am trying to reinvent some recipes making it healthy for me but exercise ahhhhhhhhh sigh I have a love hate relationship I'll do something but glad when it's over keep up the good work k is your success no one else's
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I think I put totally enough chemicals in my body with some of the stuff I eat. I wouldn't take anything like that...stuff that is already known not to be good for people.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to suppress you're weight loss, you could hit up McD's everyday. Don't forget to order your meals LARGE.
  • dinoskycm
    dinoskycm Posts: 267
    Options
    As far as pills go, I have never heard of that one that you mentioned. Is it over the counter? I have a prescription for phentermine, but I rarely take it. I have it for backup. Sometimes, I'll have a day where I didn't sleep much the night before, and if I know I'll have a long day ahead of me, I'll take it just for that day to give me extra energy. I try to do it on my own though, and I have found that when I feel hungry, I'm actually thirsty, so I'll drink a lot of water to fill up my stomach and it keeps me hydrated in this summer heat.

Also, if you want to eat more foods that will make you feel full, eat fiber and protein. Beans are fantastic for keeping me full. I'm a vegetarian so I eat a lot of edamame and beans, and they work well for me! Actually, if i eat sugar in the morning like cereal, whole grain or not, I feel sick to my stomach because I need protein to get my day going.

Point is, I wouldnt rely on them completely if you don't have to. Keep them around for backup, but you can stay full in more natural ways. Hope this helps! :)
  • mystry11
    mystry11 Posts: 34
    Options
    Mc d's ahh I don't think so suppressant to stop u eating too much and to kick start your metabolism I know what's in mc d's thanks to this site I wave goodbye to them I'm over them you enjoy your fat pack I'll b waiting for you at the finishing line hope not too long I got to get up early for work :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

i eat proteins and fats to help suppress. but as far as non food items go, HIIT and stress (I suppose HIIT is a type of stress) work for me
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    For roughly... 3-4 months I tried a prescription appetite suppressant. It was part of me going through a weight loss clinic, you got the pills and the option to buy their jacked-up protein powders and meal bars. Initially it worked out because when you're first learning to eat less, not stuff your face, binge, etc it's hard and it kept me from overeating. But once my body got used to eating less I tossed them since they didn't stop the plateau I hit.

Really, those should be a last resort. They end up having so many awful side effects (seriously, google every pill you're given or considering and educate yourself) and your insurance may not cover them, making them an expensive monthly thing. I know mine, between the clinic visit and the prescription, always cost me $100 a month. Best thing you can do is eat lots of proteins and invest in healthy snacks.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options

haha smartass:smokin:
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I find oreos and nutella to be very effective weight loss suppressants.

I cannot stop laughing. I guess you saw the error of the heading as well ;-)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I agree. With weight loss pills, you are more likley to gain the weight back when you stop taking them. I would eat smaller meals throughout the day and your body will get used to not being hungry and you'll get fuller faster.

^^^^^ AMEN!!
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee, it's cheaper and the same ingredients. Caffeine.