June Starters - November 16th

Options

Replies

• schlieffen
    Options
    *Wish me luck...my goal is to lose 1.1 by next Tuesday my thirty something birthday which will be 30lbs:bigsmile:

Lots of November birthdays! Kandy's was last week, mine's on Friday and yours is next week! Although I guess we shouldn't be surprised since nine months before our birthdays is Valentine's Day :laugh:

And of course, good luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    *Wish me luck...my goal is to lose 1.1 by next Tuesday my thirty something birthday which will be 30lbs:bigsmile:

Lots of November birthdays! Kandy's was last week, mine's on Friday and yours is next week! Although I guess we shouldn't be surprised since nine months before our birthdays is Valentine's Day :laugh:

:laugh: My parents anniversary was Feb 20th :laugh:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just a quick check-in; I am crazy busy so far this week! Went for a trip to Annapolis, MD with a few friends to visit the Naval Academy and I ate horrible the whole time (fish and chips, cheeseburgers, ice cream, turtle rice krispy treat, booze). Luckily we walked everywhere and danced our @sses off at night :laugh:

SW: 191
    LW: 155
    TW: 154.5
    GW: 140

OH and I am finally in the "healthy" BMI range! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I will get to my goal weight eventually, but until then at least I am "healthy," at least according to the National Institute of Health :p
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Just checking in on everyone! Nice to see some of you having big accomplishments this month :drinker: Does anyone have a "game plan" for Thanksgiving?
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Just checking in on everyone! Nice to see some of you having big accomplishments this month :drinker: Does anyone have a "game plan" for Thanksgiving?

Step 1: Work out like crazy the days before and be REALLY REALLY good.
    Step 2: MEASURE/LOG EVERYTHING
    Step 3: Eat small portions throughout the day instead of full plates (The food goes up at 12:00, we leave at 9:00 pm. We usually walk around and reheat whenever we feel our stomachs get a little less full)
    Step 4: Instead of sitting on my butt playing video games, I'm going to try to move a bit. (this might not happen but I'm going to try)
    Step 5: Work out like crazy on friday.

I might also consider planning ahead. I know in general what my family has there, I should log and see how many calories I think I'll eat. Then I can figure out how many calories I need to burn during exercise.

Step 6: Don't beat myself up all day. I'm going to enjoy it and eat my fill. Just not mine and two other's. :laugh:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Good luck and most of all, enjoy your holiday with family! :flowerforyou:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Well I had no change this week. Thats not true exactly, I had a gain over the weekend and worked my butt off the past 3 days to get back to where I was last week. I am totally irritated with myself. I am trying to remind myself I am in the 150's for the first time in 4 years ( although then the 150's were just a fleeting on my journey up in pregnancy). I need to figure this out, I was doing so well, and feeling so positive. All the sudden I am back to my self sabotaging ways. :ohwell:

LW 158
    TW 158

I weighed myself this morning and I was down 1.4 lbs. I am interested to see which is the correct weight, yesterday morning or this mornings. I am not changing it, maybe I will have a good loss next week.
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    O.k. Since I was sick this week I took last night off of work so I can try and kick it before our big anniversary weekend. So I had a great rest and I feel better today. Hopefully after tomorrow night I can kick the last of this congestion and fever.

SW- 195
    LW- 165.1
    CW- 164.2

I'm really amazed since i've been eating junk with the "I'm too sick to care" attitude. Buuuutt I did get 2-3 inches cut off my hair over the weekend. lol That prob accounts for a lot of it but hey, the important thing is when I tried on a pair of my 7's, they fit!!! A little snug but they buttoned! When I met my fiance I was in a tight 9 and couldn't get a 7 up my thighs. Now they go up and button! On the down side, I'm still a lg/xl shirt. :ohwell: So I'm def shaped differently now. lol! I don't even care!!

After 1 today I'll post the ss with the weigh ins we have now, then on monday I'll repost it with fridays weigh-ers. :happy:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I haven't officially weighed in this week yet, because I don't really understand what's going on. On Saturday I was 143.8, then Sunday 144.2 (no worries, random fluctuations). Then on Sunday afternoon I went out and played soccer for 2 hours, ate most of my exercise calories and weighed in Monday at 145. Ok, whatever, it'll settle back down. Monday after work I went to the gym and did some elliptical, then Tuesday (yes I am a compulsive everyday weigher :blushing:) I tipped the scales at 145.8 :noway: This morning I checked and I was 146.0! The most I've gone over my calories since Sunday has been 20, I've been exercising, drinking all my water, never come close to going over on sodium, no alcohol, and I GAIN 2.2 lbs?! :angry: It's not my TOM (though I thankfully rarely gain then anyway!), I just don't understand what is causing the significant gain over such a short span. I'm normally very consistent throughout the week, fluctuating only about a pound. It's just very frustrating.

Hmmmm.... It has to be some sort of water weight.... with you eating right and exercising it doesn' treally make any sense... Hopefully, it will all straighten up soon...
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I forgot to weigh in this morning. I went to bed at 7 last night because I don't feel good. :frown: I'll weigh in Friday morning but I'll miss the ss, it's ok though since I'm wearing my size 9 jeans. Yay! I have 5 pair of 9's (I kept all my clothes as I got bigger.) and all but 1 pair fit! This is where I was when i met my fiance. :love: When he got back from hunting he said I look exactly like I did when we forst met. (I also got my hair done the way I used to wear it. :wink: ) That's exciting!!

WOW!!! I am so happy for you!!! I also have most of my old jeans... so, I have jeans as I go back down the scale :laugh: I was a size 8/9 when I met my husband too... Can't wait to fit back into those jeans... I had such a great butt back then :laugh:

Anyway, I am very proud of you!! I hope you get to feeling better!! :heart:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    SW 176.5
    LW 148.8
    CW 147.6

MUCH LUCK!!!! You will do it!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options

:laugh: I never thougth about that :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    :laugh:
    Hey everyone! Just a quick check-in; I am crazy busy so far this week! Went for a trip to Annapolis, MD with a few friends to visit the Naval Academy and I ate horrible the whole time (fish and chips, cheeseburgers, ice cream, turtle rice krispy treat, booze). Luckily we walked everywhere and danced our @sses off at night :laugh:

SW: 191
    LW: 155
    TW: 154.5
    GW: 140

OH and I am finally in the "healthy" BMI range! Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!! I will get to my goal weight eventually, but until then at least I am "healthy," at least according to the National Institute of Health :p

YAY!!!!!! :laugh:

AND... You are young... you had BETTER have fun!!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    O.k. Since I was sick this week I took last night off of work so I can try and kick it before our big anniversary weekend. So I had a great rest and I feel better today. Hopefully after tomorrow night I can kick the last of this congestion and fever.

SW- 195
    LW- 165.1
    CW- 164.2

I'm really amazed since i've been eating junk with the "I'm too sick to care" attitude. Buuuutt I did get 2-3 inches cut off my hair over the weekend. lol That prob accounts for a lot of it but hey, the important thing is when I tried on a pair of my 7's, they fit!!! A little snug but they buttoned! When I met my fiance I was in a tight 9 and couldn't get a 7 up my thighs. Now they go up and button! On the down side, I'm still a lg/xl shirt. :ohwell: So I'm def shaped differently now. lol! I don't even care!!

After 1 today I'll post the ss with the weigh ins we have now, then on monday I'll repost it with fridays weigh-ers. :happy:

WOW!!! Way to go!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Ok.... GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS...

Good News first...
    I did AWESOME this week. After getting off track a bit, I have gotten myself back into the swing of things. I joined the gym. I have gotten back into my exercise routine (almost...I still need to kick it up another notch to be doing what I was doing) I am eating breakfast and I have not been eating after 6 PM... I'm watching what I put in my mouth ...staying within my calories... So, YAY me for getting back in the groove...

Bad News...
    SIGH I didn't lose an ounce. I seriously was expecting about a 2 lb loss. I FEEL like I have lost some poundage... I don't know what the deal is!!! Seriously, a few years ago, I could have already dropped 50 pounds by now... Now, I struggle to get just one pound off!! It drives me crazy. I used to could just THINK about losing weight and I would lose... It is sort of discouraging.. I'm not going to lie... BUT I know I have to stick with what I am doing and eventually, the scale will congratulate me.
    I just wish I could find a way to get more pounds off during the week. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing... Diet and exercise!! The two BIGGIES!!! So, I know I SHOULD be losing weight...
    Its frustrating... BUT I'm going to keep at it!!! Hopefully, I will have better news next week....
  • busymom74
    Options
    Kandyjo, I've heard it takes about 2 weeks for your body to realise it can let go of the weight. Don't worry, just give it time, you're doing great!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Ok.... GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS...

Good News first...
    I did AWESOME this week. After getting off track a bit, I have gotten myself back into the swing of things. I joined the gym. I have gotten back into my exercise routine (almost...I still need to kick it up another notch to be doing what I was doing) I am eating breakfast and I have not been eating after 6 PM... I'm watching what I put in my mouth ...staying within my calories... So, YAY me for getting back in the groove...

Bad News...
    SIGH I didn't lose an ounce. I seriously was expecting about a 2 lb loss. I FEEL like I have lost some poundage... I don't know what the deal is!!! Seriously, a few years ago, I could have already dropped 50 pounds by now... Now, I struggle to get just one pound off!! It drives me crazy. I used to could just THINK about losing weight and I would lose... It is sort of discouraging.. I'm not going to lie... BUT I know I have to stick with what I am doing and eventually, the scale will congratulate me.
    I just wish I could find a way to get more pounds off during the week. I am doing what I am supposed to be doing... Diet and exercise!! The two BIGGIES!!! So, I know I SHOULD be losing weight...
    Its frustrating... BUT I'm going to keep at it!!! Hopefully, I will have better news next week....

KandyJo - weight can be lost...but it is SO much harder the older you get and after you have kids! The worst part for me so far is when the weight does come off my body isn't the same...at this weight in my 20's I was a size smaller than I am this time in my 30's after kids. Just remember that the weight WILL come off but NOTHING will be the same this time around. Try not to compare this journey with the last, because this time it's a whole life style change and slow & steady wins the race :flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Here it is!!

http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/index.html

Congrats Datenshi!!!

I'll repost it Monday after I add the friday weighers. Yay! I'm off for the weekend! Have a good one guys!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Options
    Here it is!!

http://junestarters2009.weebly.com/index.html

Congrats Datenshi!!!

I'll repost it Monday after I add the friday weighers. Yay! I'm off for the weekend! Have a good one guys!!

Thanks for updating! It's so sad to see how small our group has become....Our goal should be not to lose anyone else over the holidays! I worked for WW for years and trust me starting at Halloween the members dropped like flies....only to rejoin Jan 1 with a new 10 lbs packed on their butt:laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Oh My God ... What A Stressful Day At Work!!!! Thank Goodness I have a Zumba Class tonight to help me de-stress!!

stressed-out.jpg