Some Jillian Michaels results

Options
mariposa224
mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
I have tons more pictures, but this shows my progress thus far in a way that I think everyone can see... Even though, by many, I was *smaller* to start with.
7820278168_b7e9e30e3a.jpg

I did 30 Day Shred, starting in April, followed by Ripped in 30. I took about a week off in between the two. I followed that up with another 8 or so days off and started another of Jillian's DVDs, Kickbox FastFix. I didn't really feel like this last one did a whole lot for me, but I *have* gotten smaller and in my back photos, I noticed measurable differences in my triceps. I guess I'll post those too, because that was pretty exciting for me.

7531574746_39f46e008b_z.jpg
1st day Kickbox FastFix
7818459744_9c03719529_z.jpg
End of Kickbox FastFix

I'm starting on 6 Week 6 Pack tomorrow.

Since beginning in April, I have lost 15.8 lbs and a total of 15 inches overall. I'm 5'5" and currently weigh 141 lbs. I lost an inch off each upper arm, a half inch off each forearm, 2.5 inches from my chest, 3 from my waist, 2.5 inches off my hips, an inch and a half off each thigh, and half an inch off each calf. I've gone from a size large top to a medium. I was wearing some 10s (most were pretty tight), should've been in 12s, now I'm in an 8 and some of those are too big. I've gone down a band size in my bra as well. I haven't been a 34 since before having kids (almost 20 years), nor have I really been a size 8 or smaller in as many years, honestly. It's a strange feeling, but it's mostly good.

The only thing I'm finding really difficult about these changes is that what I see in the mirror doesn't match what I see in those photos. I know I'm thin now, but I can't see that I'm as thin as the photos make me appear... I don't think I'm *that* thin. I'm hoping that at some point (preferably soon) the image in the mirror will match up with what I see in the photos.

Replies

• PattieCakes23
    Options
    Amazing! This makes me want to start 30 day shred again.
    and I LOVE your tattoo!
  • momma_eck
    Options
    You look sensational!! I wish I could look like that...but it is a journey!
  • Aukeilagirl
    Aukeilagirl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You look great
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    LOVE the kickboxing fastfix! Amazing job!
  • Kaylovely612
    Options
    Nice job! That's some great work and you look awesome.
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! You've had a great summer! Believe it!!
  • tequillarose04
    tequillarose04 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! think im going to need to get some jillian in my life soon :)
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The only thing I'm finding really difficult about these changes is that what I see in the mirror doesn't match what I see in those photos. I know I'm thin now, but I can't see that I'm as thin as the photos make me appear... I don't think I'm *that* thin. I'm hoping that at some point (preferably soon) the image in the mirror will match up with what I see in the photos.

I'm having the SAME exact problem! I'm 5'7 and started out 171 lbs- and now down to 146 lbs. I've only lost one size in jeans and shirts. I'm a medium in shirts now and I'm still between a size 9/11 in juniors!!! It bugs me because I could fit in those jeans before I lost weight. I def. look NO WHERE near what my pictures make me look like. I'm way bigger than in my pictures... Thought I was the only one who felt this way...
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You do look great though very fit looking and toned.
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!! You've gotten awesome results! I've done 30DS, RI30, and am almost finished with 6W6P. I'm very pleased with my results as well, but I know exactly what you mean about looking better in photos than you feel you really look. It's weird! It still surprises me when people tell me I look fit. I'm like, really? Others see me as a fit person now? lol. You'll love 6W6P! Keep up the excellent work! :)

Btw, love your back tattoo!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Amazing! JM should hire you for her ads!
  • Abbieva
    Abbieva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I am doing 30DS now and this is quite inspirational! Way to go!
  • Abbieva
    Abbieva Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also, Hope you don't mind I sent you a friend request (w/no message).
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Awesome results!!
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Quite the inspiration!
  • xLauraBethx
    xLauraBethx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

I totally love Jillian Michaels, So far I've done Banish Fat Burn Metabolism (for 4 weeks) I'm currently doing Ripped in 30 and I'm on Level 2 day 3, and I plan on doing 6 week 6 pack once I've finished RI30.

I'm not brave enough to post photos yet but I hope I look as good as you when I'm done! :)
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I need to drag out my 30 day shred DVD after I fully recovery from my knee injury!
  • mariposa224
    Options
    Amazing! This makes me want to start 30 day shred again.
    and I LOVE your tattoo!

Thank you! :smile:
  • mariposa224
    Options
    LOVE the kickboxing fastfix! Amazing job!

Thanks! Once I mostly had the moves down, I didn't find it nearly as challenging as her other DVDs, but it's definitely a fun one to have around to mix it up with.
  • mariposa224
    Options
    You look sensational!! I wish I could look like that...but it is a journey!

Thank you! And yes, it is. I have hypothyroidism and lost about 40 lbs back in 2010. I gained back about 15, which started me down this journey again. This time I've decided that I can't let up because I'm not going back to where I was. :flowerforyou:
    You look great

Thanks!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!