You Are Your Own Gym

Options
2»

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    If you apply yourself correctly to the YAYOG program, you will gain strength comparative to most weight lifting programs though it may take a little longer - but heh, if you are doing this for life, what's the rush!

I have the book and find it easy to follow. Another book up there with this one is Convict Conditioning; interesting background story and no nonsense progressive bodyweight exercises.

Results I am getting: well I am certainly holding onto lean mass (according to body composition scales) while I lose fat weight steadily and my push-ups have increased from 3 sets of 1 regular push-ups to 3 sets of 10 diamond push-ups over about four months and looking to increase the intensity again next workout. Chin-ups - four months ago, I couldn't do even one proper chin-up, now I can do 3 sets of 2 and I am working on increasing those with a couple of resistance bands draped on the pull-up bar.

So I am very happy with results, which this book and program has certainly helped with.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    There is no a book designed for females. Can't remember its name but its on the website. I think the e recuses are Brocken down into more adaptations.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Do you need any weights or anything? Im guessing not as its "You are you own gym"

I may need to invest in this... sounds very tempting
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have heard nothing but good things about it.

i heard there's an app but that it's sort of expensive. i mean, $3 for an app that would help me get in shape? do i look like a Rockefeller?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and looks like he came out with a newer book called Body by You. Maybe more variations in there, if the original book was too easy.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Yeah, and looks like he came out with a newer book called Body by You. Maybe more variations in there, if the original book was too easy.

That's it- that's the one designed for females.
  • SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the app includes the women's version 'body by you' or is it just setup for the original version?
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    A bit old, I know, but no, the app does not.