Shopping...blah!

Options
Quick Vent: Went shopping for back to school clothes (for me-- I'm a teacher) and I have lost only 10 pounds so I wasn't expecting to go down a size AT ALL... but I did think the size 18 or 20 pants would fit and maybe be more comfy than normal. Almost all the pants in my closets are size 20 or a couple 18's that fit.....well today I went to Kohls. Avenue and JCPennies and I only ended with 1 pair of black capris... I was starting to get pretty frustrated and the husband did his best to make me feel better, but I have always gotten down on myself when it comes to shopping because I feel like I try on 20 items to take home one. I just can't wait to just be a a comfortable 18 and start going down in sizes... I have never experienced that feeling. Each season my pants are always tighter than the year before or they don't fit. Sorry... I just needed to vent to people who understand, because the husband just didn't get it!

Replies

• meeksfour
    meeksfour Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You have only lost 10 lbs? That great news! just think, once school starts you will be sooo busy (I was a high school teacher for 8 years) you won't have time for snacking. Also, all the walking to and from class to the office and parking lot... Extra exercise. Pack your lunch and you will be at -20 in no time.

Oh, shopping does bite when you can't find a thing that not only fits, but looks reasonable too. Yep, boys have it easy... Get a shirt and pants and maybe a tie and your done.

Keep at it and so will I. My clothes are just a bit loose now and keep reminding myself it is worth the challenge.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Quick Vent: Went shopping for back to school clothes (for me-- I'm a teacher) and I have lost only 10 pounds so I wasn't expecting to go down a size AT ALL... but I did think the size 18 or 20 pants would fit and maybe be more comfy than normal. Almost all the pants in my closets are size 20 or a couple 18's that fit.....well today I went to Kohls. Avenue and JCPennies and I only ended with 1 pair of black capris... I was starting to get pretty frustrated and the husband did his best to make me feel better, but I have always gotten down on myself when it comes to shopping because I feel like I try on 20 items to take home one. I just can't wait to just be a a comfortable 18 and start going down in sizes... I have never experienced that feeling. Each season my pants are always tighter than the year before or they don't fit. Sorry... I just needed to vent to people who understand, because the husband just didn't get it!

I don't get what you are saying...at all. What are you saying?