Gettin your drink on...

Options
I'm leaving on vacation this friday...I am a former beeraholic. I still love and would prefer beer but seeing as how many cals/carbs ect they have (even the super duper light ones which taste like crap in my opinion) it's not really an option for me as I'm sticking to the diet/exercise while away.

So my question to you MFP'ers is what kind of drinks do you indulge on that may possibly be lower in calories? I figure if us dieters have managed to find ways to lighten all the 'bad' foods we enjoy, surely someone out there has done the same for us drinkers...

I will say i do enjoy rum and diet coke but i'm tryin to stay away from cokes these days as well. So please...ideas!!!!! Thank you and goodnight. :-)

Replies

• epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    To consume alcohol with the lowest calorie consumption is just to drink it straight or on the rocks. I'm a big fan of whiskey on the rocks, preferably Irish whiskey. Even though it's the lowest in calories, it still adds up pretty quick if you drink a lot. One ounce has ~70 calories, but who stops at one ounce? I'll drink a couple beers sometimes too, but just don't go overboard with them.