Need Friends

Options
I've had a very on/off relationship with MFP, usually using it religiously for a week and than stopping. I would also stalk the forums - never posting, just reading. But I'm planning on starting tomorrow (today technically...) for real and some friends and support would be awesome! (: Hopefully than I will have a reason to get on other than recording calories (;

A little bit about myself (reading this optional, as it may severely bore the reader):

I'm 17, and about 5'10. I weigh 243 - 240 (those two pounds fluctuate like crazy!) Once I hit 250 pounds (a number I swore I wouldn't hit, but at one point got all the way up 256) I knew I needed to change. After all, I'm in prime! I should be able to go sky diving and rock climbing without worrying that there will be weight limits. Hell, every time I go to the amusement park I'm afraid that bar won't close on my lap!

I think the BMI is the devil. I come from a nordic descent and so am naturally big-boned. My goal weight right now is 170 pounds. Once I hit that, I'll see if I am at a healthy weight or if I need to go lower.

My mini goal right now is to get under 240 lbs. Its been about a year and half since that happened. My big mini goal is to hit less than 200 pounds. I'm hoping before go off to college next fall (or backpacking, which ever happens first (; ) I'll be at least under 200!

I guess the only thing I have to say is I'm not looking for a fad diet. Its hard to diet with my mother because she is. But I want to LEARN to eat healthy. I still have my whole life ahead of me, and the most important thing for me is to be able to maintain my goal weight well into more golden years without starving myself or calculating how many more carbs/fats/proteins/calories I can eat.

Replies

• Wolfey23
    Options
    Yo man il be your friend im from ireland i can give some advice about anything you want to know and i mean anything
    :smile:
  • BreanneMG
    Options
    You're already on your way by setting small goals, the worst thing you can do is set a high goal and get discouraged (found that out the hard way). Don't obsess over how much you eat but watch what you eat. If you feel like snacking grab some carrots (even dip if you feel like it) still better than munching a whole bag of chips. And remember to try and drink a lot of water.

Good luck :)