Who drinks Coke Zero on the regular? Who has given it up?

Options

Replies

• PaigeJMP
    PaigeJMP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    A former Coke Zero fiend here. Gave it up, and all fake sugars (nutrisweet, splenda, sucralose, etc) on June 1, 2012. Lost 5 pounds, feel much better, and never going back to drinking/eating fake sugar. After reading Boost Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, I swore off fake sugar forever. I've started to love and appreciate plain water.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    A home remedy for cleaning your toilet is to use a can of Coke..

That should be enough to make anyone stop drinking that stuff..

So is baking soda, but that's used in everything, too!

I have faith in my stomach acids. If you guys aren't addicted, why not indulge?
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I gave up all soda pop 6 years ago.
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to drink diet coke alot. I gave it up 3 years ago for almost a year. Then I had a sip and it tasted yucky and then I had a few more and it tasted yummy. So I got addicted that fast again. This past June I gave up diet coke, but traded it in for coke. I use to never like coke to bitey. Husband was surprised to see me drink coke. I said I only needed a few sips throughout the day. I took notice the calories in it and thought I didn't need that extra 1000 or so calories a week. So in August I completely gave up both even when going out.

To stop the craving for coke, diet coke etc. I have a glass of water with lemon juice (from a whole lemon).
  • kclarkss
    kclarkss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    A former Coke Zero fiend here. Gave it up, and all fake sugars (nutrisweet, splenda, sucralose, etc) on June 1, 2012. Lost 5 pounds, feel much better, and never going back to drinking/eating fake sugar. After reading Boost Your Metabolism by Jillian Michaels, I swore off fake sugar forever. I've started to love and appreciate plain water.

I also gave up the above and stevia and truvia. Stevia and Truvia made my tongue hurt. I have gotten use to drinking unsweetened ice tea and lemon water with no sweetners.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Oh yea! Sometimes it's the carbonation you crave, so maybe sparkling water is best. Not club soda... I think that's the one with sugars/carbs/calories/whatever in it?
  • innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I refuse to drink coke of any kind, too fizzy, makes me burp a lot. I do drink pepsi and have gone from 2-3 8oz bottles/cans a day down to 1 a week(usually half one day and half another) and once you give it up for a while and go back to it, you wont even like the way it tastes anymore. The only reason I drink it is the caffeine, otherwise I don't even like the taste of it anymore. I'd pick water over it any day. That goes for all soda I've tried to have since I started drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I've given up diet sodas before. It really made no difference.
  • Shausil82
    Shausil82 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Soda is evil in my eyes.
  • JaneMills0
    JaneMills0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke by the gallon (hate coke zero). Its my only indulgence and a pretty innocent one at that. I dieting to live, not living to diet.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Me.

After being on this site so long, I started being more mindful of what was inside the food I was consuming. After reaching for bottles of coke zero or diet pepsi, etc, I just started to look at it as... poison, depriving my body of water, etc. So I decided to just stop cold turkey. It wasn't as hard as I thought. I don't miss it. I went two months without it, and now I only have it as a special occasion kind of drink...like with burgers and fries, or pizza.

The result? I crave water more than any other drink and am always thirsty. I don't crave sweets as much as I used to. My lips aren't constantly chapped. That's enough for me to be satisfied with my decision.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Cherry Coke Zero is an addiction for me. It is the only pop I drink and tastes amazingly like the real thing. I also try to limit myself to only having 2 a day and only after noon. Otherwise I drink water. I buy it on sale by the 12 pack. I am currently drinking the last one I have... and it's not on sale anywhere so there may be a crisis here. :)

OHHH CHERRY COKE ZERO sounds fantastic, must be a USA thing???
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I drink coke Zero once a week. But i do like it. But if it is not hindering you then go 4 it.:flowerforyou:
  • teschy123
    Options
    I have given up drinking soda all together!! I have not had a sip since Jan!! Its the greatest decision I have made!! I don't even miss it I can be around it and not even need it!!! I have noticed changes in me right away!! My hair was healthier and more shiny and my skin got a little tighter from drinking more water then soda!!!
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I try to have it no more than twice a week (can)

This.
    and I love the Coke Zero Cherry.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Soda is evil in my eyes.

Damn those evil, scheming beverages.
  • SkinnyChemicals
    Options
    A home remedy for cleaning your toilet is to use a can of Coke..

That should be enough to make anyone stop drinking that stuff..

I also use pure water to clean my toilet. Does this mean that I shouldn't drink water either?
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi all :)

I am a coke zero fiend. I usually drink it everyday and I find that it helps me when I'm trying to lose weight as I like to have a glass with of after a meal to make it more satisfying. It helps me in between meals when I start to get cranky and also when I want to avoid alcohol.

I've given it up over periods of a couple weeks to a month when I've tried to 'eat clean.' But I end up missing it so much and giving in to the sweet, acidic hit :/ I've been hooked for years now!

Does anyone else drink it as much as I do?

Has anyone given it up and noticed health/weight improvements?

Can anyone convince me once and for all not to spend $10 a week on a concoction of chemicals?

I use to drink soda and Coke Zero was my go to soda. I gave up all soda back in Jan and haven't had any since then. I now drink 8 - 11 glasses of water a day and 1 cup of green tea in the morning so I can still have the caffine to boost my metabolism.

If you want to give it up you can. The 1st 3 days are tough but once over that hump it's easy.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I have not completely given it up, but rarely, rarely drink it. I have noticed a difference in the way I feel when I don't have it. Maybe is is placebo, maybe it is not. One thing I know it isn't good for is my teeth so I am happy to have gotten rid of soda for that reason alone. When I first stopped drinking it, I cut it out completely for months. Now I drink it rarely and don't feel like it will become a part of daily life for me anymore :)
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I used to drink it all the time, then I went to once a day and now I have gone with Coke Zero or any soda since the first of August. I have not noticed any changes at all. I gave it up thinking it would help with the heartburn but it hasn't. I have spent less money though so that it a plus, but otherwise I haven't noticed any health benefit or weight loss since stopping my diet sodas.