Help!!!! Eating and exercising but not losing weight

Options
I have been exercising 6-7 times a week but not losing weight! I weigh 154lb and eat between 600-1200 calories a day. I burned an average of 1000 calories a day. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• joanrobinson2012
    Options
    You're not eating enough.
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough at all.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ What they said. You're not eating enough to feed a 12-year old girl.
  • wowLisawow
    Options
    You've put your body into starvation mode. It is hanging onto every morsel because it thinks you are starving. Use this site to calculate your needed calories a day. If you exercise add those calories back to your daily total.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Also, how are you estimating that you're burning 1000 calories per day? That's an extremely high burn rate, and sounds like it's possible that you are overestimating. Getting a HRM to help you judge the calorie output of your workouts would be very helpful. MFP tends to greatly exaggerate calorie amounts.

Also, are you weighing, portion controlling and in general ensuring accuracy of your food intake? Guessing will not help you, you have to be SURE that is what you are eating. Measuring cups and food scale will become your best friends.

I didn't glance at your diary, but eating good, nutritious food will help as well. You CAN lose weight eating crap, but it's better for your body and you'll feel better eating healthier. Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day. Focus on protein intake, it'll help you feel fuller, longer.

Good luck
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    carbs look good. just up the fat and protein, and you'll up your cals too =]
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eating only carrots, peanut butter, spinach and eggs for 443 cals in one day is definitely not enough. thats like, okay for a meal, but not hte day.

are you anorexic?
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Whoa, definitely not eating enough, especially if you are exercising that much.

This isn't weight-related, but I've noticed that you tend to be getting way too many of your calories from fat. You need fat, but you also need other foods for nutrients. Eat more, but eat more meat, vegetables, fruit, etc.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising 6-7 times a week but not losing weight! I weigh 154lb and eat between 600-1200 calories a day. I burned an average of 1000 calories a day. What am I doing wrong?
    So, some days you are -400 on your intake. Does that really seem like a healthy solution? www.fat2fitradio.com/bmr < use it, follow it. Cut back on the exercise as well - excess exercise = excess stress = excess cortisol = no bueno for weightloss.