Women - Do any of you put on weight during your peiod?

Options
I am on a low cal diet and last week I had lost 2lb - today I weight myself and it looks like I've put on 3lbs. I haven't eaten anything differently and it hasn't been that long either - I am on my time of the month though, could this be a factor?
I'm really down because I felt as though I had done so well up until now :(

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    Yes yes yes!

Next week you'll have lost the gain and more! Don't sweat it. Let your body do it's thing. Drink plenty of water, watch out for salty foods, and ride it out. xxxx
  • DarlzLeather
    Options
    Yes I can put on anywhere between 1-3kgs when I have mine and also from a couple of days before hand so now I just avoid weighing myself that week.
  • BmoreGinger
    Options
    YES. YES. YES.

I literally gain 3 pounds every month when I start my cycle. Honestly, I don't weigh the week before OR the week during my period because my whole body (and mind) are out of whack. You're bloated and retaining water. You're probably not eating AS well with the hormonal shifts (PMS) and it always makes me very tired.

Don't freak out. You will magically lose those 3 pounds (as long as you don't eat a cake in the mean time) when your period is over. :)
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Yes, It ranges 5-7 pounds. I usually wont weigh at this time.
  • SLBry6024
    SLBry6024 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. Hate but I jut let it roll off my back and not let it get me down. I just remember that this too shall pass.
  • alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Usually yes

But for some reason I have steadily LOST weight all week, despite my period. Hoping once I am really done with it it will PLUMMEt, but I know it probably won't. lol
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    Yes....and I avoid the scale during that week
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Not only do I put weight on, I bloat like crazy! So all those clothes that I fit into are tight once a month! Annoying doesn't cover it. I feel I need to separate wardrobes!

Grr

S
  • azwethinkweizm
    azwethinkweizm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yes 2 or 3lbs usually. If you didn't do anything to deserve your gain then it is most definitely because it's your totm so don't worry too much about it because you'll be back down again next week :smile:
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    ugh yes, I shouldn't have weighed this week either for the same reason. but am up 3 lbs, probably water.
    being a girl sucks sometimes! :p
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    This month, or should I say right now, I am steadily losing during shark week. Once my thyroid/BC evened out with my current dietary changes, it kinda keeps going down. Took a few months, though. I really don't notice bloating until my feet feel itchy, but that hasn't happened due to all the water I'm drinking.

All the conformation I need to know that what I'm doing is helping my health, I guess.

But a few months ago (and every month before that) water and patience would help. I'm not one to obsess over numbers, especially if I know it's due to hormones. You can pull through!
  • Booobarella
    Options
    Yes yes yes!

Next week you'll have lost the gain and more! Don't sweat it. Let your body do it's thing. Drink plenty of water, watch out for salty foods, and ride it out. xxxx

^^^ This.

I can gain up to 5kgs in the days before shark week (look at a picture of a shark's brain, then look at a picture of a human uterus, creepily similar). I crave salty foods BIG TIME but I am trying to just stick to the water when those cravings hit. Have just gone through it actually, and have lost a couple of kgs this week, despite my binging this last week.
    Another reason why I don't weigh myself every day.
  • Booobarella
    Options
    This month, or should I say right now, I am steadily losing during shark week.

So glad someone else calls it this!! hahahahahah :D
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    This month, or should I say right now, I am steadily losing during shark week.

So glad someone else calls it this!! hahahahahah :D

When it started, it just happened to be Shark Week on TV. I was thinking, "They KNOW!" when my friends were talking about it on facebook, and then I made the connection!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    around 5lbs! crazy! x
  • Missklara
    Missklara Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Actually i loose weight during my period :)
    am i the only one? O.o
    oh well... i won't complain :D
  • Pooks1n1Schmoops
    Pooks1n1Schmoops Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always do. It sucks lol
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    of course! its only natural
    i go all the way from 108 to 116, and then a week later im right back to normal
    try not to worry about it. if you havent eaten over 3500 calories, you did NOT gain a pound of fat
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    I usually gain 3-5lbs, and a few inches of bloat all around. it's awesome :noway:
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I usually gain around 3-5 pounds in water weigh. Yuck. Hate it!

Try to avoid weighing yourself during PMS and your period. It will just upset you and it is temporary weight gain!