Logging in daily

Options
Good morning everyone,

I am having a hard time logging in daily. I've been on here two weeks so far, I think it's two wks.

Anyway, I work 9 hours a day then go to the gym most nights, walk the dogs, shower, etc. By the time that's all done I don't even feel like turning my computer on.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanx,
Julie
:flowerforyou:
:O)

Replies

• leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I am having a hard time logging in daily. I've been on here two weeks so far, I think it's two wks.

Anyway, I work 9 hours a day then go to the gym most nights, walk the dogs, shower, etc. By the time that's all done I don't even feel like turning my computer on.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanx,
    Julie
    :flowerforyou:
    :O)

I use the MFP app on my phone
  • truenortherner
    Options
    The App is really good and synchronizes all your data regularly with your computer, therefore, you don't have to worry about trying to log on the computer to input all the data, because you can do it on the go!
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I could not LIVE without the app. It is so handy. I also get to work a half hour early to use the computer there to check out community message boards and make sure I have my planned meals in for the day :)
  • MizzJuicy
    Options
    Unfortunately, I have the same problem. I keep saying to myself, I wish there was a reminder on the phone app that would tell me I hadnt logged for the day. Or maybe a notification when my friends log - kind of like facebook. LOL. One thing that helps me (when I remember to log) is to log all of my meals in the morning. That keeps me within my goal and helps me to log. However, once I get busy one morning (which happens often) - then I fall off again...Now that I think of it, maybe I will set my calendar in my cell phone to send me a reminder every evening just in case I have not logged for the day. Hmmmm, might just work! Good Luck!
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have an iPad so much quicker than my computer, but if it's important to you to log in just find the time. I have logged my food every single day but 1 for over 7 months, it's helped me lose 32 lbs! Worth the time if it works for you. Good luck!
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    I too, use the app. I'm fortunate that I am able to keep the site up while I'm at work. I have found it easiest to log either first thing in the morning when I get back from the gym, or log as much as i can when i first get to work. Dinner is usually the only "variable" to my days, so sometimes that has to wait.

If you have a phone that you can download the app onto, that seems like the best tip. Then it's always at your fingertips!
  • FrauHausMaus
    Options
    The app is one. I like it, for the most part, but trying to type in my food on all those tiny buttons is a PITA sometimes.

I don't know about your schedule, but I usually log in while I'm having my morning coffee. If you have your meals planned out for the day, you can go ahead and log them then. That way, when you get home from work and the gym, it won't take you but a few minutes to log your workout.

Just my 2 cents :wink:
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like this site best cause of the phone app, I can log food and exercise instantly.
    I was on another site a few years ago but I just lost interest cause I couldn't be bothered writing everything down and trying to log it all at the end of the day.
    The app is so much easier.
  • psr1964
    psr1964 Posts: 29
    Options
    Good Morning Julie...

First, I think your quit is of the utmost priority~

It is hard, no question. For me, I am at a computer all day, it is easier. I also have an IPAD at home and a smart phone. I am a "wired" person in more ways than one!

But I think the support and accountability a site like this can provide will yield great returns on the time investment. Stay at the gym for 55 minutes and spend five on this site for the emotional and mental support. There are many aspects of life we have to take care of...physical, emotional, spiritual.

It is the same way the CUC works -- I know when you don't pledge, you are slipping. It is from patterns we develop and exhibit.

Besides, i love having you around to support me -- you are the only one who can get away with calling me Peggy Poo!

:-)
    Peggy
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above - if you can find a way to do it on the go, that's the best. I also mostly plug in everything before my day gets started and then if anything changes, I can go back and re-calculate (that's assuming nothing DRASTICALLY changes that would put me over calories, otherwise I do that then and there). Once you get into the swing of making it a routine, it becomes a part of your life and you don't think twice about it. Good Luck!
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A lot of people use the phone app for convenience, but if you know what you are going to be eating for the day, then you can log your information in the morning before work.
  • Ysheena
    Ysheena Posts: 4
    Options
    Log in on your phone at lunch time.. or on the computer at lunch time. And if you dont want to do that... just do it in the morning before work. I try to do it throughout the day. Thats why I have the application dowloaded to my phone. Its much easier
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have done this without my iPhone app.
  • DeMarraDontStop
    DeMarraDontStop Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you can download the app to your phone. Either way if you are serious about your goals and think tracking will help you get there, then there can be no excuses, just have to fit it in. Or start tracking on paper throughout the day and then add at some point during the day. Much success on your journey.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i know it's cool to see somebody has logged in for 200 consecutive days but remeber this is a tool to help you track it's not a must if you do the work it's all that matters
  • cvthatcher
    cvthatcher Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    the app for iphone is great, like everyone has said. the app for ipad is even greater. idk if there is one for other tablets, but i love the ipad app!!

i try and log in just as i would go to check my e-mail or something. personally, i feel something this important is worth my time more than perusing endless pages of pinterest or whatever.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Use the app... I use it and log my food before or after each meal.
  • starcatcher1975
    starcatcher1975 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I use my phone to log my food and I love the barcode scanner. Most the time the foods are listed correctly so I don't have to change anything. Or you might want to log your whole day before you leave for work or during lunch. Again, the barcode scanner makes this quick and easy. I like logging my food because sometimes I think I'm eating something "healthy" or that's not really that bad and seeing the numbers can really shock me. Hope you find something that works :)
  • pikselinka
    pikselinka Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Use the phone app, and if not maybe try writing down what you eat and do on a paper and input into computer when you feel like it?
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I use my phone to log my food and I love the barcode scanner. Most the time the foods are listed correctly so I don't have to change anything. Or you might want to log your whole day before you leave for work or during lunch. Again, the barcode scanner makes this quick and easy. I like logging my food because sometimes I think I'm eating something "healthy" or that's not really that bad and seeing the numbers can really shock me. Hope you find something that works :)

UGH!! Thanks for the reminder!!! I forget about the barcode scanner!! That will really help make things go faster! Thanks again! :drinker:

Looks like the App is all that's mentioned but if you don't have the app...there's no reason why you can't leave yourself a note, set a reminder on your calendar (computer, smartphone, whatever calendar you use) and use it to help. Believe me, once you make a few friends on here...you won't "forget" to log in...you might forget to log out!! :flowerforyou: I love my MFP friends and don't want to miss a day without seeing what they're up to. Give it some time, I'll be a habit before you know it!