sandwiches...if I see another sandwich I will wretch

Options
So I work in an office so smelly things are a no go...what does everyone bring to work for lunch that is not a sandwich? I am so tired of anything between bread that I did not even buy bread when I went to the store this week...the thought of bread is giving me the heebie geebies. I had the salad options already in the rotation but I need a few other ideas for something that I can prep in the morning quickly..help!

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My diary is public; browse at your own risk. :happy:
  • Louttie
    Louttie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I officially am fed up of sandwiches too! Its hard also as i work in an office, this morning i made a fruit salad of all the fruit i could find in my house. Was super yummy!
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I do: quinoa salads, you start with quinoa and improvise the other ingredients depending on what you have or what you feel like eating. Regular salad (with lettuce), improvised again, using hardboiled eggs, tuna or ham as protein. Once in a while, I do pasta salads too.

Other more adventurous salads ;) green bean salad, cucumber salad, kale salad.

Sandwiches: you replace the bread with romaine lettuce, so you roll in whatever you want to eat, it's refreshing :)

There's also cold soups I want to try :)

There's also prep, I use my Sundays to prep my lunches for the week, make 2 kinds of salad for example, cut vegetables, etc. so I can just take it out of the fridge and leave (each in their own container, portionned)

Hope it helps :)
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I agree on the sandwich thing...they get so boring! Recently, I've started buying breads from the bakery instead, roll type of things, that make the sandwiches taste more like something from a deli. When I get bored with sandwiches, I make wraps. Lettuce wraps/whole wheat tortilla wraps filled with chicken salad, tuna salad, meat and cheese/veggies, hummus, ranch, anything you can think of. They're so great! Sometimes I bring leftovers from the night before, but I really prefer just having snacks throughout the day. I bring a lunch box full of healthy snacks for whenever I do actually get hungry, rather than eating a massive meal. Here are some foods that make it into my lunchbox every now and again: boiled eggs, string cheese, yogurt, carrots, hummus, pita chips, spinach dip, homemade energy bites, on the go tuna cups, nectarines, peaches, grapes, apples, bananas, blueberries, special k bars, etc. I've also found that packing my lunch the night before/pre-planning is really helpful so you aren't scurrying about trying to find random things for lunch. :) Hope this helps you!
  • SMP151
    SMP151 Posts: 32
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter, cheese stick and crackers, veggies and dip, yogurt and fruit. Those are my go to office meals/snacks.