i want a diet that wont leave me hungry

lexajean
lexajean Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
hey guys,
i'm alexa. i'm new to calorie counter and wanted to know if anyone knew of a diet that wont leave me hungry? and by hungry i mean starved. haha. everything i have tried makes me feel like im starving myself and that cannot be good can it?
i need some support and advice.

Replies

• msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    If you follow the plan that MFP gives you, and fill your daily calories with smart choices like lots of veggies, whole grains, and protein, you won't be hungry. I have been amazed since I started this how much food that I can actually have if I choose the right things. And if you are a little hungry sometime? Exercise a little more so that you can have an extra snack! The other thing that will keep you from feeling hungry is drinking plenty of water. Sometimes, like right now for me, if I want something and shouldn't snack, I drink a cup of hot decaf green tea. I like the mint flavor.

Good luck, and here's to smart choices!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Welcome,

I recommend high Protein, high Fiber and create a smaller deficit (or go over your calories by 100-200). I am at a deficit now I cannot maintain w/o exercise. So on the days I don't exercise I eat more so I won't feel like running down small animals and scavenging in trash cans.:laugh:

Check out some of the folks who have public food diaries and also check out the breakfast lunch and dinner thread.

Good Luck
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    EAT OFTEN!

Eating 4-5 small meals a day with a balanced amount of lean protein, carbs and vegetables help you feel full enough and energized!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/332973/bodybuilding_diet_meal_plan_5_tips.html

Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    i think by avoiding sugars you can really decrease the amount of hunger and cravings you have.
  • look for foods high in fiber. They really fill you up! Brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and beans. Also fruit and veggies have lots of fiber too!
  • smelmel
    smelmel Posts: 98 Member
    I eat every 3 hours so I am never really hungry, but for the first week it was hard to go from 3 big meals to 6 small ones. Goodluck.
  • auntbliz
    auntbliz Posts: 173 Member
    I try to have leafy greens with meals, like on wraps or a side salad with light dressing or salsa. Then I've had some food to help fill me up but not a lot of calories, and then I eat smaller portions of what the rest of the family is having, so I don't feel deprived. Of course, you've got to make sure to keep stocked, or you end up like I am, out of lettuce, and super hungry! Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to walk to the store and grab some for dinner :)
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    I don't know if you eat a lot of processed food, but I've found making things yourself usually results in more food with less calories.
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Lexajean, I feel your pain!!!

I just started 2 weeks ago, and on my plan, I'm allowed 1900 calories a day. Sounds like a lot, huh? I thought it would be easy. But guess what - even when I ate high fiber foods, lots of veggies, etc. and kept it under 1900, I was starving! Not snack hunger, but gut-wrenching, low-blood-sugar, gonna eat my shoes off my feet hungry!

I read a lot of other people's posts, and it seems like it's something you just get used to and then your body doesn't get hungry as much.

I'm just NOW starting to get to that point. I'm just NOW starting to be satisfied on 1900 calories a day. My first week was the toughest, last week was a little better, and this week is even better.

The only advice I can offer is to drink a lot of water, and if you're craving something so bad that you're ready to murder someone, have some of it, and LOG IT! And go to bed early. I went to bed at 8:30 every night my first week, just to keep myself out of the kitchen!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.