Sedentary successes?

Options
I workout....I try to workout 5 days a week...some weeks I manage and some weeks I don't. Some weeks I push hard and dig deep and some weeks I get into this lazy mode....anyway I guess what I'm asking is to see a sedentary success b/c I have recently changed my MFP to sedentary since I'm a stay at home mom and don't really do anything else other than clean and workout...the rest of the time I'm on my couch watching tv or on here looking at successes lol. So are there any out there? If so did you eat back the exercise calories you burned or not?

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    That's pretty normal. I work at a desk job, and many of my hobbies are pretty inactive as well (reading, poker, etc), but I also get out and exercise 4 nights per week. So far, things are going very well.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I was totally sedentary.. work a desk job. go home, work on projects at home(sitting, nothing really physical)...

got my act together food wise.. Lost weight.. eventually I lost enough I could be more active again without feeling like I was going to die.. lol.

I still consider myself mostly sedentary.. but I do goto the gym during lunch now.. and a few classes outside of lunch.. and Im now getting into more and more active things on the weekend.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I work at a desk job.

I've lost 46? lbs now. But right now I'm not working hard at it. I have another 15 to go. It's summer time, I'm more interested in maintaining right now than losing.

ETA: Yes, I eat all my exercise calories.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I work at a desk job.

I've lost 46? lbs now. But right now I'm not working hard at it. I have another 15 to go. It's summer time, I'm more interested in maintaining right now than losing.

ETA: Yes, I eat all my exercise calories.

What does MFP have you set at? I have mine set to lose 1lb per week and it has me at 1220.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Yup. Totally sedentary much of the time, but workout for 45 min to an hour 5 times a week (running and biking mostly). I net 1200 calories a day (so eat 1800+ on workout days).
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yep. Agree with everyone here. Mine not only a desk job, but my job is working from home. Talking about having a pantry and fridge with food next to you. Not good :)

But it is duable. You just have to adjust to the lifestyle. I chose to get workout in every single day. Because there will always be days where you can't make it, So, I made a point to be there 7 days per week.

Few days ago I published my story with my 1 year progress. You can read it at the link below or just read everyone's successes. Good luck.

http://bit.ly/OsV40k
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!