What am i doing wrong?

Options
I have been on MFP since June18th, i have been keeping my cals at 1350, which is 500 less then my calculated TDEE and i exercise 3 times a week. But i lost 2.5kg in the first month and then nothing happened.

What could be the reason for it not changing? any tips?
Also I have always been a regular gym goer, and i was vergetarian for ten years, so now my meals are mostly vegetables. So im not really sure what i should change?

The only thing i can think of is dropping cals or doing strength training, cause i dont do any.

Replies

• cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    I can't see your diary, so I don't know for sure what you're eating.

Certainly strength training will help, and I highly recommend it.

Also, since you're vegetarian, I recommend checking out "Eat to Live" by Dr Fuhrman. I've been following his plan for six weeks and have lost 24 lbs. It's worth looking into.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    You look very pretty and confident in your pic. I like it :-)

Anyway, since you don't have much to lose, you may actually do better if you *increase* your calorie intake. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Can you open your diary so potential helpers can see what's going down?
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Open your diary! We can't comment on what you may be doing if we can't see what you're doing.Good luck'
  • kmee1959
    Options
    Make sure you are eating what MFP tells you to eat. I could not lose weight for years and found out that I was not eating enough - which is like I have died and gone to heaven, because now I eat more and have lost weight. I was only eating around 800 cals a day and was in starvation mode.....
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Strenth train! I am on the lower scale of amount of weight I am looking to loose (5-10 lbs more) and have incorporated strength training recently and can already feel and see the results without even jumping on the scale...but have also lost 2 lbs in less than 2 weeks after plateauing (I used to just do cardio). With strength training it is important to eat some (if not all) of your calories back so your body has protein and energy for the muscles you are working more.

I started with basic push ups (modified at first), 8 lb dumbells (various arm exercises), squats and lunges...I was so sore the first couple of days but stayed well hydrated, getting potatsium (good for sore muscles) and am keeping it going doing 3 days of circuit training at my gym a week and cardio on alternate days...I enjoy running outside and finding routes with inclines and declines to work my leg muscles more.

Hope this helps!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Try a 250 calories deficit. You look like you have less than 20 pounds to lose.
  • mdjoubert03
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys, i will try it out. If im still plateauing after a month, ill open my food diary. Also congratulations on all the weight lost, omg I see high lbs lost numbers here, keep it up.